General Area in Bellevue>Question Details

Vera Brodsky, Real Estate Pro in Bellevue, WA

I am looking for a website where i can check potential renter's credit history and criminal background. Any?

Asked by Vera Brodsky, Bellevue, WA Thu Jun 19, 2008

idea? thank you!

Answers

3
I use afffliated information resources.
It checks all of that and rental history.

its 35 dollars and the renter pays it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 29, 2008
Most counties have a superior court website that allows you to search a person's name to see if they have any felony criminal charges and if there are any judgments against them. Quite often, if a person has left owing a landlord ( or anyone) money, a judgment will be granted to the landlord and this is documented in superior court records. I know Pierce county's website has this feature as does King county, however, these records are not always accurate and complete, but could give you an idea of what kind of issues the person has faced...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 20, 2008
Before you personally can check someone's credit, you need to have something signed by the potential renter granting you permission to run a credit check. Second, you need to be registered/approved by the credit bureau's (approval requires an on-site review of your office, a business license, and a couple other things) before they will give you a credit report for anyone. See the referenced pdf for the rules for individual landlords.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 19, 2008