General Area in Cedar Rapids>Question Details

Ted, Home Buyer in Cedar Rapids, IA

I am looking for a home in Cedar Rapids and am wondering what parts of town are "less-desirable" than others.?

Asked by Ted, Cedar Rapids, IA Fri Mar 30, 2012

I'm an average blue-collar single guy working in the NW side of town. One example I know of a "less desirable" neighborhood is Wellington Heights. My budget is up to $140k.

Answers

4
i happen to have a home that i am getting ready to put on the market, but yet have to find a n agent to work with, but my home is on a cul - de - sac and is in a QUIET neighborhood.
624 26th st nw cedar rapids, IA
Ted, your question is honest because it isn't right for potential buyers (particularly first home buyers) NOT to know. That is what this forum ought to be for. Another thing is to watch for Real Estate Agents because their bottom line is to encourage you to spend as much as you can to assist in their own income to pay for their own over-priced homogenized location. Remember, "less desirable" comes across the entire board and you really do not want to limit yourself or become paranoid because of a non-law-abiding others who have nothing to do with the those who are law-abiding. It is as simple as that.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Ted, Your question is reasonable, but is not suitable for an open online forum. Please feel free to contact me directly via phone. I can assist you in finding a home that you will like in any quadrant of the Cedar Rapids area. Thanks, Geoff Garrett. Iowa Realty 319-202-5616
Web Reference: http://www.geoffgarrett.com
I cannot comment on your question however, I can help you with your search to buy a home.

Contact me @
ndharssi@iowarealty.com