General Area in Wilmington>Question Details

Michele, Home Buyer in Perrineville, NJ

I am looking at relocating to the area and am curious about these 2 areas Beacon Woods and Sentry Oaks - any community info is helpful...thanks!

Asked by Michele, Perrineville, NJ Wed Nov 17, 2010

Answers

12
Hi Ms. Michele,

My name is Bambi Jo Sanders. I'm a 9 year old Miniature Pinscher!! My Mom, Tammy Sanders is a Realtor and we live in the subdivision Beacon Woods you ask about and we both are very familiar with Sentry Oats.

There are very distintive differences between the two. Just by answering a few simple questions you'll know which neighborhood will suit you. One questions is, do you have a dog or children? That is very important in choosing the correct neighborhood. Some have more squirrels than others. Traffic is also important.

Oh looks like Mom is off the phone, so let her take over......

Hi Michele, Tammy here. Bambi Jo is correct, we have lived in Beacon Woods since 1998 and we love it but depending on your needs Sentry Oats may work as well. I've been in the Real Estate business for over 23 years. I'm happy to work for you in your search for a perfect home. Because I live in the neighborhood I know the homes well, not just on paper or stats. If I could have 5 minutes of your time I could tell you which neighborhood would be a better fit. No obligation! I'm looking forward to speaking with you.

Tammy Sanders
Your Realtor For Life
910-512-3112
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 18, 2010
Michele,
Good Morning and welcome to Wilmington, soon I hope! Have you visited our wonderful and welcoming town? There are so many communities that offer different living opportunities...and you have chosen two great ones! Depending on what you are looking for, Beacon Woods is more centrally located to cultural amenities and Sentry Oaks is closer to beach activities. The good news is that both are within a few miles of all that Wilmington has to offer. Happy to help you with any Wilmington specifics! Please feel free to log onto http://www.IntracoastalRealty.com for detailed neighborhood info!
Good luck with your search!
Thanks for your interest in Wonderful Wilmington!
Deb
910-232-0505
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 18, 2010
Hi Michele,
I noticed that you have been looking into the move to Wilmington for awhile. My wife and I work with relocation buyers on a regular basis. Having made 5 moves across state lines we realize the complex issues that can arise. Now as far as the two neighborhoods you are looking at. They are both great areas, we live within a few minutes of either one and have all of the stats you will need to make a good decision.
Take Care,
Ed & Sheila
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 18, 2010
Hi Michelle,

Both neighborhoods are similiar in price point and age. The difference is how close you are to major shopping, the size of the neighborhood, and the demographics. Below is a link to Sentry Oaks. Beacon Woods will be added soon. Both neighborhoods have their strengths and weaknesses. Feel free to contact Pam or me and we will be glad to give you more detail and a tour next time you visit.

Mike Malina
(910) 547-4653
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 18, 2010
I have lived in this area for 30+ years and can't imagine wanting to move. This is a great place to live! But I was wondering if there was a reason you were drawn you to those specific areas?
Just curious,
El

El Brant, SFR
Broker/REALTOR®
Wilkinson & Associates
910.264.6515
Web Reference: http://realtor.elbrant.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 17, 2010
Sentry Oaks is a quiet neighborhood, well manicured yards, and well-cared for homes. I have some friends who live there annd really like it. Lots of kids and very friendly neighbors. Prices range from about 200K-280K. There are 12 homes on the market currently and they were built between 1996-2003. HOA is about $13.00 a month. On a really quiet evening, you can hear the ocean from Sentry Oaks.
Beacon woods is about a mile or so north of Sentry Oaks. It currently has 7 homes on the market ranging from 209K-242K. They were built 1996-1998. HOA is $25/mo. I'm not as familiar with this neighborhood but I do live nearby and I recommend this part of town. It's not quite as busy as the northern end of town and you're much closer to Carolina and Kure beaches which I prefer over Wrigthsbille Beach.
One of my partners has put together a cool website with information on many of the neighborhoods in Wilmington, Check it out at focusmattersrealty.com.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 17, 2010
Hi Michelle, I have a listing in Beacon Woods and go to church nearby. I also live nearby myself and I just love this part of Wilmington because it is quick and easy to get most places from here! And, it is close to the beach!!My husband's best friend lives in Sentry Oaks. It is just a bit further out. Both are nice neighborhoods. Good luck with your relocation, Wilmington has a lot to offer. :D
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 17, 2010
I spent a little time checking out the current data on both neighborhoods, Michele. Beacon Woods has 7 current listings with 3 sales over the last year. Sentry Oaks has 13 listings and 15 sales, so this is the area that we can expect to "rebound" faster. If you are interested, I can share some additional data, my webpage will provide you with a variety of ways to reach me.
El

El Brant, SFR
Broker/REALTOR®
Wilkinson & Associates
910.264.6515
Michele,
Have you received a Wilmington relocation package yet? There are so many unique and special neighborhoods in Wilmington that would fit your needs of price/value and proximity of beach and downtown. Do you have any job or school requirements? There is alot to discover in Wilmington! Happy to help!
Good Luck,
Deb
Thank you so much for the thoroughness of your reply! I am taking all of this information in to make a decision on where we want to be and how it would best fit our needs.

Thanks!
Hello El and thank you for your input. I am looking at those two areas as a matter of price/value and proximity to beach and downtown...happy to hear any further input you may have on those neighborhoods.

Many thanks!
michele
Michelle,

I have a realtor network of over 1000 agents, All of my agents will pay for over half of your lender's closing costs. Would you like me to find an agent in your area to help?