General Area in 78148>Question Details

Patrice, Home Buyer in

I am looking at a home in Universal City. Please provide information on resale value, schools, tax rate, and

Asked by Patrice, Sun Jul 27, 2008

possible noise level from nearby airport. The neighborhood is Olympia. Thanks

Answers

5
Resale values are good in Universal City (and Olympia Hills in particular) due to the military presence here.
Universal City is near Randolph Air Base. There is quite a bit of small airplane activity from 8 am thru 5 pm, weekdays only. The schools in this area are pretty good. For information on tax rates go to the county appraisal district website: bcad.org. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions, either through my Trulia page or at ScottpRealEstate.com

I am not an agent, but I grew up in this area. The schools are pretty good. As a matter of fact, i am trying to relocate there myself so my children can attend the schools there. The crime rate is very minimal and its a small community without the NOSY feel to it. If you have a family the Schertz and Universal City areas would be my first picks.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Mrs. Kendzior
Patrice,

An address is of particular importance so value can be compared to like sized, amenities, upgrades, features, etc. in the same neighborhood for the last 6 months, with more weight being placed on those in the last 3 months.

Your buyer's representative can give you a market analysis with all of the information you are looking for. If you haven't hired a buyer's representative you really should as a good agent can save you lots of money and frustration. They work for you and get paid by the seller!
Web Reference: http://www.janaworks4u.com
Resale value and schools are excellent. The tax rate is on par with most municipalities in Bexar County. Most of Olympia is far enough away or out of the approach that you hardly notice the air traffic to Randolph AFB.

My office is located in Universal City, and I would be happy to meet with you and discuss your wants and needs. You can learn more about me and contact me by clicking on my profile link.