General Area in Dallas>Question Details

taxrightway, Renter in Dallas, TX

I am living in an apartment now , I didn't pay my rent this month because my apartment didn't want to fix anything in my apartment for two months and

Asked by taxrightway, Dallas, TX Thu Jun 26, 2014

causing unhealthy conditions for my kids. So they file for eviction. Where can I move with current eviction.

Answers

2
You can not stop paying rent because you think there are unhealthy conditions in your apartment that is what the courts and lawyers are for. Expect to pay more in security deposit, IF you can find someone who will accept you.
Hi Taxrightway!

It's most likely going to be on a case-by-case basis. I recommend speaking directly to your Realtor about your situation immediately and getting him/her searching for landlords that will be a little more flexible about rental backgrounds. Fair warning though, you may end up being required to pay a higher deposit/an extra month's rent up front.

Best of luck!
Thank you
Flag Thu Jun 26, 2014