Kkm929, Home Buyer in East Fishkill, NY

I am interested in the four corners community in dutchess county NY. Can anyone tell me what it's like to live there?

Asked by Kkm929, East Fishkill, NY Fri Sep 24, 2010

Answers

6
Keep in mind that opinions are often subjective and what may be good for one is not necessarily the case for another--if unfamiliar with the area, do visit a neighborhood(s) several times and at different times of day, to get a sense of belonging, look at everything that is important to you, chat with with locals, etc.; check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 24, 2010
KKM
I have been to four corners many times so I can speak from experience. As a realtor there are so many things that we can Not say, by law. For example, we can Not discriminate against 15 protected classes.

You have a great question, but it leads to an answer that is just someone's opinion. You and I may not like the same things so please keep that in mind.

I always advise my clients and my customers to go and see for themselves. Go on a Saturday. Go again of Sunday. I am sure if you take an hour at the clubhouse, you will find owners and they will be happy to speak to you from their actual experience as an owner.

My only thought is this. Certain subdivisions have deed restrictions. When you move in to a place like four corners, you have other benefits, like a community pool, but you also now have the privilege of paying HOA fees. That is a trade off that you may be happy with, or you may not like that.

That is all a matter of personal preference. At this point of my life, i rather not pay HOA fees and I will take care of all of my own responsibilities. However, now I can see the advantages of a community like four corners and maybe as i personally get older, I may go that route one day as well.

It's all a matter of personal perspective. What is best for you. And what is good for you now, may change as time goes by. That being said, whenever I buy something, I ask myself this...

What is this for and how long is it for? Interest rates are real low now so I would buy something now, but I always consider my exit strategy. When would I personally sell again. Would it be easy to sell later.

Best of luck on your search and decision. Contact me if you would like to discuss more or if I can help in any other way.

Robert
It is a very nice and also convenient place to live. Community oriented. Easy access to major routes as well as local shopping, schools and worship, restaurants and more. If you'd like to contact me for info. on particular type of home and prices please do. catherine.cole@prudentialserls.com
Catherine Cole
845-489-5688
Hi KKM929 -

Four Corners is a lovely community development just a mile from my home. Country living, yet still community. It is upper end and well laid out. If I can help just give a call or email me and we can take a look.

<>< Jim
jim.whitlock@prudentialserls.com
http://DutchessRE.com
845-337-0074
Web Reference: http://DutchessRE.com
I agree completely with Anna, as an Agent like Anna, one does suggest to their clients to do their own due diligence in regards to a neighborhood(s) they are interested in... I have shown homes in Four Corners for sale and rent... it is only 12 minutes away from my office... if you are not currently working with an agent please feel free to call me...

Verna Dawson, ABR & SFR
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Houlihan Lawrence
East Fishkill, NY
Mobile 1.914.489.1367
Web Reference: http://www.vernadawson.com
I suppose you are talking about the Toll Brothers subdivision. If so. have you visited their sales office? I recently sold a unit in one of their site. If you are using a real estate agent he or she will need to accompany you on the first visit to get you registered .

My advice to you is to stop someone in the sudivision and tell them what you are thinking of doing and they usually will give you the information you are seeking.

If you are new to the area, stop in a nearby coffee shop deli or restaurant, start a conversation you would be surprise as to what you could find out.