General Area in Richmond>Question Details

Parker Allen, Home Buyer in Oakland, CA

I am interested in possibly purchasing a townhouse at the Pulte Development, Anchorage, in Richmond, CA

Asked by Parker Allen, Oakland, CA Mon Aug 25, 2008

My question is, is a purchase of a townhouse in Richmond Marina a sound investment long term? I was most interested in their 3 BD, 3 1/2 Bath (1711 sq. ft) model. I know that condos and townhouses loose their value in a slumping market, but long term, if I plan to live there at least five years, is it worth it? Does anyone live in the area and can vouch for quality of life? I am also a little concerned about the Oil Refineries and health risks associated with that too. Any info is appreciated.

Answers

4
I just bought the plan 4 townhome, 3 bed - 3.5 bath. Its not scheduled to be completed until 12/09. The refineries in richmond are a few exits away in point richmond.
Hi there - did you end up purchasing at Anchorage? I just saw them this past week and thought they were great. Any suggestions you may have? Thanks.
I live at Anchorage at Marina Bay. It is absolutely "worth it" as a new development is great. You will never see any problems that are associated with older properties...and because of the new construction, energy bills will be less, there will not be any maintenance issues, and living there will be worry-free.
All the neighbors I have met are very friendly, and the community is growing nicely. I love the fact that it is so close to the Marina, and you have the Longs Drugs right there to pick up random stuff. As for location, many of the people in the community work in SF, and it is very convenient. I think we'll see a turnaround in the next 5 years, and this area will be a great investment.
Okay! There is a lot of inventory in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. What is your price range? With so many REO/ Bank Owned properties on the market, your best investment maybe outside of a new developement. The Richmond Marina Area is a good place, and the oil refineries do not pose a risk, but you may find a better deal elsewhere. A five year deal is short term.

Adrian Huntington
Welcome Home Real Estate & Finance
53 La Serena Ct.
Alamo, CA 94507
adrianh@americanfinancialfunding.com
925-818-6694