General Area in 20194>Question Details

Naptime4baby, Other/Just Looking in Reston, VA

I am in Acton MA and *love* it here. The family orientation of the community is fab, as are the *excellent* schools. However, more than any other

Asked by Naptime4baby, Reston, VA Thu Aug 5, 2010

place, we are thinking of moving to the NoVA area to be closer to family (need family help with our kids ;-)), and wonder if anyone knows Acton and can speak to similar areas in NoVA? Great schools, community feeling, near work, and with more affordable housing...

Answers

4
I am a born and bred Northern Virginian. I currently live here with my husband and 2 small boys. I have lived in Reston, Sterling and now live near South Riding. There are LOTS of differenty types of communities here and something for everyone. 3 particular communities stick out in my mind when you say family orientation, solely based on their community events and incorporation: Ashburn, Reston and South Riding/Stone Ridge. Because of licensing laws we can not recommend specific schools however Fairfax and Loudoun County are consistently ranked extremely high in the national statistics. For more information on specific schools in this area I recommend checking out the site http://www.greatschools.net. I work with many out of town clients relocating to the area and would love to help you find the right community to suit your needs. I also offer a program to my clients that would allow you to look at homes in a very easy and convenient way, different than using the internet it is very up to date.

I am an Accredited Buyer Representative* and am very familiar with all the intricacies of moving accross state lines. I look forward to speaking with you further to make sure I can exceed your expectations of how an agent can help you in the process.

I can be reached at 703-898-4771 or lauryn@lnf.com for more information or if you just want to see if we have the right "fit" to work together.

Lauryn Eadie
Lauryn Eadie & Associates
Long and Foster Realtors
Realtor, SFR, ABR
You may be really put off by sold prices in this area, which is not suffering from the economic downturn anywhere near as much as the Northeast. If you like older homes, then Vienna, a town with with a lot of community feeling and sharable activities, sought-after schools, and OK ( by our standards) commutes to the major employment centers of Tyson's, Reston, Arlington, and D.C. You might want to check http://www.betterhomesva. com for Zip code 22180, and see if you find homes that meet your needs. You might, first, want to Google the Town of Vienna, which has a good Web site. Can't remember its URL, but it ends in .gov.

I live in North Arlington, not far from Vienna, and know the town well; the shopping is good, too! You can always contact me at johnfitzgerald01@yahoo.com with questions, etc.
Hi - I am not familiar with Acton. However, there are several neighborhoods throughout Northern VA that have a great community feel, great schools, etc. Our traffic is pretty bad so it is pretty important to plan the housing search based on where your jobs are. Ashburn is an outstanding community with the features you described and would be an appropriate commute if you found a job in Reston/Herndon/Sterling, etc. I've been in different parts of Northern VA my whole life and can help you evaluate the different areas if you would like.

I would also recommend that you do some browsing on Homesdatabase.com and take a look at the prices in Northern VA. People from other areas of the country often think our prices are really high, unless if they're coming from NY or some parts of CA, for example.

Please feel free to contact me using my Trulia profile if you would like to discuss this in a more personalized fashion.

Sonal
I personally love the Haymarket area of Northern Virginia. Wonderful community, hometown feel, and the schools are among the best in Prince William County. Feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email with more questions about Northern Virginia!

Suzanne Majali, Realtor
571-229-7590
Suzanne@Move4FreeRealty.com