General Area in Gilbert>Question Details

Kami, Other/Just Looking in Gilbert, AZ

I am considering getting into the Real Estate industry, is this a good time to do so?

Asked by Kami, Gilbert, AZ Thu May 5, 2011

Answers

8
I think it's a great time to get started if you have the passion, drive, and a solid chunk of savings. The market is rough and that's keeping out lots of potential competitors, but you'll need a good safety net to carry you until your real estate income starts to meet your needs.

A good rule of thumb is having enough savings to survive, lean and mean, for at least a year. The 6 month rule worked during the flush times.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
Hi Kami,

Like you, I live in Gilbert. I went and got my license 2 and 1/2 years ago. If you have questions about getting licensed in Arizona give me a call (or a text) and I will try and answer your Arizona specific questions. Good luck!

Steve Willis
(480) 292-0693 cell
Hi, I agree with Heather. It's a great time to learn about a changing market so that when the really good market is here you have experienced both. I began in 2005 and experienced part of a really strong market, then the slow decline, and now the slow turnaround. If you can weather the storm and learn to adapt and be creative, you will survive in any market.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
It's a good time if you're a hard worker! Interview several brokers and find out who has the best training for new agents. In most areas you will find that Keller Williams has a very structured program for people new to the profession. Contact me if you'd like the name of the Keller Williams Team Leader in your area!
heather@heathershomes360.com
Kami, it is a great time to get into Real Estate! We have an office in Gilbert that started out with 10-15 agents 2 years ago and has grown to 200+. Real Estate is booming and things are moving quickly. If you have the urge to succeed it's great! Our office teached heavy internet or pull marketing which has been a blessing in increasing our businesses. Good luck to you!
Kami it is a great time, the most important thing is to make sure you have the ability to go without a paycheck for 3 months while you train, acquire customers and close some sales where you start getting paid. Good luck
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
And; in addition, if you personally know the right people or know a lot of people, go for it. You'll do just fine.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
Kami,

For most newbies, the beginning is slow and difficult. Many expect business to just fly to them without putting effort into it.

If you are hard working, industrious, and determined, it doesn't matter when you get into real estate...you will eventually find success. But, don't expect you early activity to pay the bills. Our recommendation is to begin in the business either on a parttime basic or enter it with a sizable cash amount that can support your business and personal expenses for the first year.