General Area in Austin>Question Details

Island girl, Home Buyer in Baton Rouge, LA

I am a young single female looking to move to austin from Louisiana. I am an RN and looking to rent in a safe area. What are your recommendations?

Asked by Island girl, Baton Rouge, LA Sat Feb 8, 2014

Answers

14
Carlie Strickland’s answer
Hi!

There are many safe areas in Austin. I was born and raised here myself and know the city very well. Some great zip codes to look into are 78704, 78702 (most areas are excellent and close to downtown), 78722, 78745. Those are all good areas and it just depends what your budget is and how close to downtown you want to be.

Do you know where you will be working yet? As being closer to work is probably a priority too.

I hope that helps! Good luck and if you need more help, I would be happy to assist you. I have worked with many people re-locating to Austin.
Here is the link to the Austin Police Dept crime viewer.
http://austintexas.gov/GIS/CrimeViewer/

Austin is a great city. I would be glad to help you find the place you could call home.
Cedar Park/Leander or North Austin.
Island Girl,

I would suggest that you work with a local realtor to help you find a property.

Susie Kay, RealtorĀ®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net
http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Where will you be working and what is your budget? Those two factors will probably dictate where a REALTOR would recommend you renting.

Many areas of Austin are safe as long as you take some precautions like locking your doors and windows and staying aware of your surroundings.
I grew up in Louisiana! The best thing that has helped my is this website. That Crime heat map is pretty accurate. What part of town will you be working in? if you want to stay close I would enter that zipcode to see whats in that area. For the most part the Northern parts of town have less crime. Hope this helps a little!
I'd love to help you through this process and find you a great place to live. Do you have time to talk at some point today? Let me know!

Bryan Treat
http://www.paigeandbryan.com
512-653-3348
I have never lived in Austin, Texas however I havr relatives that live there and they love it.

Check with yur chamber about crime rate, schools, and any other thing you need information about.

Linda
Find an agent in the area and tell them what your looking for and I'm sure they will point you in the right direction.
Hello, Welcome to Austin
Location would depend in part on where you work, but you don't necessarily have to be real close to your job to avoid traffic. The other posters are correct in that if you have to travel during rush hour, it can be daunting
However, my best friend is a nurse at South Austin Hospital. She chose not to live close to the hospital and chose instead a vibrant artsy neighborhood where she felt more comfortable as her schedule allows her to drive to work during non-peak traffic times. Austin is dense but it isn't that big in area so it is pretty easy to get everywhere.
I would be happy to help you find the perfect home here in Austin

Give me a call or email me directly :
Sheila K. Foster
REALTORĀ® Associate
Recar and Associates REALTORSĀ®
512 779-3731
Sheila@recarandassociates.com
I own a small apartment building in West Campus (walking distance to UT) and not too far from the planned medical school. I have one bedroom and one bath units coming up this summer. Area has many restuarants in walking distance. Let me know if the timming works for you. Geoff Scherer
Congratulations on your planned move to Austin. As an RN you should have lots of employment opportunities in the Austin Metro area. As noted by other posters, Austin traffic is considered by many to be the larger issue in terms of finding a suitable place to live. But Austin also offers many, many alternatives in rental areas. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss specifics. We have been helping people relocate to Austin since 1972. Anita Dallas, REALTOR, Habitat Hunters. anita@habitathunters.com, 512-626-9885
Hello Island Girl,

Generally speaking, Austin, and the surrounding areas are relatively safe in comparison to other similarly-sized metropolitan areas. However, we do have some horrendous traffic here. Do you know where you will be working? I would highly encourage you to look for homes that are close to your job because otherwise you will be spending a lot of time in traffic.

Depending on where you will be working there are some areas of town that are both affordable and safe. Round Rock, North West Austin, Cedar Park, and North Central Austin are some areas that come to mind. Are you looking to rent an apartment, a condo, or a house?

If you have not yet found an agent to help you, please contact me at jordan.gouger@kw.com and we can discuss the specifics. I would be happy to help you on your home search.
Hello, Island Girl,

Austin is a rather safe city and there are many areas that you could look into, It depends on your budget and probably proximity to your work. Send me more details and then I can be more specific and help you with your home search.

Vivianne Dordea
vdordea@austin.rr.com