General Area in Auburn>Question Details

Ryan Hawes, Home Buyer in Auburn, ME

I am Just getting back from Afghanistan, and I do not know the right steps to take when buying my first home.

Asked by Ryan Hawes, Auburn, ME Tue Apr 24, 2012

Answers

7
Scott McCauley’s answer
Hi Ryan,

First off, welcome home and thank you for your service. Typically, most home buyers will get pre-approved by a mortgage professional so that they know exactly how much home they can afford. I can walk you through that process. It is not difficult. As someone who qualifies for a VA loan, you can buy a home with NO money down. From there it is a matter of working with a real estate professional to help you find the right home.

If you would like to call or email me- please check my site for my contact info: http://www.LendWithScott.com

Scott McCauley
Licensed Mortgage Planner
Regency Mortgage Corp
NMLS # 174108
Welcome Back Ryan!
Before getting into the home buying process, it is very important to understand the all steps from fiancing to purchase and sale. Working with a Buyers agent will help direct you throughout the process from start to finish. Usually, when I talk with first time home buyers, I think it's important to get together and discuss ALL your options, get prequalified for a loan and then set your self up in a search for the perfect home for you.
This is all at no cost to you and no obligation. You need to feel comfrotable with the steps.
I am happy to meet you at your convenience if this is something you are interested in.
Trisha Fletcher
TEAM FLETCHER
Better Homes & Gardens~ The Masiello Group
207-754-8311 is my cell phone
trishafletcher@masiello.com
Hi Ryan, I have worked with many first time home buyers and would be happy to meet with you at no cost and no obligation to answer your questions. Let me know if there is a time that is convenient for you. I can be reached on my Cell Phone 207-577-7775 or email janetmccarthy@masiello.com
Janet R McCarthy
155 Center Street
Auburn ME 04210
Better Homes and Gardens The Masiello Group
Hello Ryan,

Thank you Ryan for servicing and helping to protect our country!! Job well done!! Welcome back to Maine!!

I know the twin cities and surrounding areas well. I could help you find that just right home that your looking for. I work for Maine's largest independent real estate company called The Maine Real Estate Network located on Center Street in Auburn. I understand people have many questions today when it comes to purchasing a home. I would provide you with the best honest service and professionalism that is needed to get us to the closing table. Please give me a call @207-890-2369 or by email @ lisaallen@themainerealestatenetwork.com. Look forward to meeting you!!

Lisa Allen
First, I would suggest talking to a mortgage loan officer and seeing where your credit stands and what you may need to do to fix it.
Its also a great idea to get pre-approved before you even start looking. It breaks my heart to see young people looking for their first home, and then they one fall in love with one, and then cannot get approved for a loan before the home sells.
Welcome home Ryan! I am very familiar with this area and am happy to help you with your journey to homeownership. Contact me at 207-795-9627 or my cell 207-576-1615, email cindydan@masiello.com. I am associated with Better Homes & Gardens/The Masiello Group. I look forward to hearing from you and get you traveling down the right road!
Cindy Dan
Team Agent with Realty Network
Hi Ryan,
Welcome home! I suggest that you contact and interview a few local real estate agents to help you get started with the home buying process. They will guide and counsel you as to what steps you need to take initially and throughout the entire purchase. I say a few so that you can select the agent to represent you that you feel will do the job well and who you will feel comfortable with.

If you plan on using financing to assist you with your home purchase then you will need a pre-approval letter from a mortgage lender. This is a requirement when submitting offers and you will also leaarn how much you can comfortably afford. A local real estate agent may have some good recommendations on some lenders to contact.

Best wishes on finding your first home!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty