General Area in 90706>Question Details

Trish94, Renter in 90706

I accepted a job in Bellflower, CA. Any recommendations on communities that are safe, not too expensive (to rent) and 30 min or less commute?

Asked by Trish94, 90706 Wed Jul 13, 2011

Answers

11
Hi Trish, not sure if you're still looking, but if so there are a lot of great areas in Bellflower, Downey, and Lakewood. If still interested Please reach out to me. Thanks!

Oscar Gonzales
WestCo Realty
562-244-2055
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 19, 2014
Bellflower, Lakewood, Long Beach... These are areas that have good schools and great neighborhoods. You would have to provide us with a little more info in regards to how much you would like to spend on rent per month, number of bedrooms and baths you will require, etc. etc.
I have lived in Bellflower for about 10 years and I am very safe. There are areas to stay away from but if you drive around you will see. Bellflower has reasonable rent. Lakewood is also a nice place to live. Good luck in your search.
Belmont Shores or Seal Beach. Maybe
Sunset or Surfside Colony.
How has you house hunting gone? Please email me and I can give you some more pointers. My email is finneywinkle@yahoo.com. Looking forward to helping you.
Sara Lee
I agree with Martin. Downey has many areas that are very safe. The next one will be Cerritos, which is next door to Bellflower business area. Lakewood is also very safe. However, it may take you longer than 30 mins to get to work due to heavy traffick during rush hours.
My friend used to work at Kaiser Permanente in Bellflower, and lived in Downey.
You might log onto craigslist and look for rentals in and around your place of employment. That area overall can become quite congested during rush hour time. I'd try to determine what side of the traffic flow would be most suitable for your commute. Definitely find out about gang and crime stats once you land on an area of interest.
Trish94:
You can live in nice safe areas of Bellflower, and in neighboring cities of Downey, Cerritos, and Lakewood. You can move closer to the beach and still be within your 30 commute time by looking in Long Beach and Northern Orange County.
As a REALTOR® who works in the above areas you have many choices. You just need the time to look and see what is best for you.

Martin Park
Century 21 Wise Ol' Owl REALTORS
11835 South Street
Cerritos, CA 90703
562-716-0404
offer4mp@gmail.com
http://www.martinpark.biz
DRE# 01767732
The areas that John mentioned are too long of a driving distance. In California you need a car to get around.

For a nice inexpensive bedroom community I suggest you investigate Lakewood, CA. Lakewood borders Bellflower and is very close to my favorite airport (Long Beach).

Best wishes, Rudi
Web Reference: http://www.umboc.com
Hi Trish,

You might want to try the Monterey Hills area adjacent to South Pasadena. There are quite a few nice condo complexes in the area and it would not be that far of a commute to Bell. Otherwise, you might want to look for some available rentals in Pasadena, South Pasadena and Alhambra - South Pasadena would generally be the most expensive of all of them (& arguably the nicest area), but you might be able to find something with monthly payments you feel comfortable with.

To find out which areas are safest, it is best to check with the local police departments of each area for crime statistics & information.

Good luck, congratulations on your new job!

John Barry
DRE #01856079
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Email: john.barry@coldwellbanker.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RealtorJB
Twitter: @RealtorJB