General Area in Frederick>Question Details

Paola Bonarr…, Home Buyer in Frederick, MD

I Will like to know the best area increasing and growing in value in Frederick , MD?

Asked by Paola Bonarriva, Frederick, MD Thu Jan 21, 2010

Answers

5
Dear Paola,

My answer remains the same as on January 21. If you want detailed information about a specific area, feel free to contact me, and I will be happy to help you.

Peter
Web Reference: http://www.2hdb.com/petert
Hello again Paola,

The Code of Ethics does not allow an agent to "steer" people to or from a particular area so I just want to qualify my response with that.

However, with that said, I base my evaluation of what's going on in the market on the tool kit I use for my website. I can see what people are Googling to brings them to my site. I am finding that most people looking to move from Montgomery County to Frederick county are focused on the new developments coming up the I-270 corridor. The Villages of Urbana and Clarksburg areas have a lot of movement in resale homes as well as new home sales. New homes values seem to be creeping up in both Montgomery and Frederick counties thus helping to stabilize our resale market. In the not too recent past, a new home purchase was starting to make more sense than buying resale because the values of the resale homes had not adjustede properly yet to make sense over a new home purchase. Now the market is starting to equalize in value so that you can find each segment of the market making more sense... i.e., you can find a good value now in resale as well as seeing the value of a new home purchase if you can go a little higher in price.

Hopefully that made sense and answered your question at the same time without me crossing any "ethics" lines. I always encourage my clients to explore all markets before making a final decision. Explore the resale market first, then the new home market. Then make your purchasing decision.

Again, contact me if I can be of further assistance in answering any more of your questions.

Cathy Chapman, Broker/Owner/Agent
Signature Home Sales, LLC
301-514-6839 Cell
301-620-9880 Office
cathy@cathychapman.com
Paola,

If you would like more information on specific neighborhoods in Frederick please let me know. Frederick county has a lot of great communities. Please let me know what price range you are interested in and type of house.

Tammy Durbin, e-PRO, GRI
Executive, Directors and President's Sales Awards
Long and Foster Real Estate Inc.
240-405-3118
Web Reference: http://tammydurbin.com
Paola Bonarriva,

There is no "best area" to invest in real estate in Frederick County, but the overall inventory of homes for sale has dropped by 1/2 over the past 18 months. This has caused the declining values to level out in most neighborhoods. Forclosures are creating a very competive market for homes priced under 300K.

The current interest rates and the expectation that they will increase, as well as the extension of the government tax credit, make this a very good time to purchase a home.
Dear Paola,

If you are thinking Frederick, Urbana is showing signs of stabilizing to increasing value. If you would like me to research a specific area in Frederick, please let me know. As you know, real estate is local.