Mike, Home Buyer in 27858

How would you compare Surfside to Garden City vs. M's Inlet?, thanks!

Asked by Mike, 27858 Wed Jun 4, 2008

Answers

5
Surfside Beach has a full service government, police, fire dept. etc. The town is well maintained, parks, recreation, beaches, and streets. I have been a homeowner in Surfside Beach for 14 years and would never consider Garden City as comparable. The beaches and parking in GC are free, but the water overflow is poorly drained. Homes don't seem as well kept either. While taxes maybe less, I've seen homes burn down to the ground by the time the county responds. I guess you get what you pay for.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013
Murrells Inlet is where you can live at the beach, and enjoy a low country lifestyle. I live in Murrells Inlet, and drive 8 minutes to the beach every night for a stroll: sun, rain, wind or dark. Living in Murrells Inlet gives you access to lower home insurance, and better access to the main North-South road system. Remember effectively North Myrtle Beach to Georgetown is an island, with bridge access to the mainland.
Garden City may be closer to the beach, but for 8 months of the year you share shopping, roadways and the beach with visitors from all over the Eastern seaboard and Murrells Inlet. The night breezes extend across the island and for me anyway, I like the little more sq.footage you get for your $ and the larger lot sizes.
If you need help. AReid@sellstate.com
Surfside is a family community. The people are friendly. Murrells Inlet is very nice but again there is no beach access if that is what you are looking for. Garden City is a nice area also. The communities are very close together.
The beach vs the inlet. In Murrells Inlet you don't have direct beach access, but you are right on the Inlet and the Intra-Coastal Waterway. In Surfside Beach you are in an incoroporated city, therefore have city government and taxes and cover your water, sewer, sidewalks, town patrol and garbage pick-up to name a most of what is covered. In Garden City you only have county taxes as you do in Murrells Inlet. Just to name a few of the differences. Are you considering a move here?
Web Reference: http://nancysiau.com
Hi, I lived in Surfside Beach in a house and in Garden City in an oceanfront condo, and we loved both! It's a little more laid back there than central MB. The same for Little River where Iwe live now!