du, Renter in Hinsdale, IL

How would one rate jeffersonville,IN in terms of raising a family with kids ?

Asked by du, Hinsdale, IL Thu Jun 21, 2012

Answers

6
Anna Brocco’s answer
Keep in mind that such a rating is subjective and it really should be dictated by your personal preferences, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc. If unfamiliar with the area, do take the time and revisit more than once; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Jeffersonville is close enough to everything you need and keeps a small town feel!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 4, 2013
I have raised 3 kids in Jeffersonville. All graduates of Jeffersonville High. They have all remained in the area and have friends for a lifetime. It has its ups and downs like any city but all in all it is a great place to raise kids. Small town feel but Louisville is about 2-5 miles depending on where you live and it is a nice size city with lots to do.
It's a great place! Like anywhere, there are good parts and not so good parts. Most areas are nice quiet communities.
I grew up in Oak park (still live there) which was recently annexed into the city. Jeffersonville is like most city's in that there are neighborhoods that wouldn't be great to raise a family in.

Oak Park is still a great area to raise kids in and is mid priced right now but prices have risen in the last 10 years even with the recession. There are a few parks in oak park and its fairly close to the river and very close to shopping. With that said, I'm not to fond of how the traffic has increased over this last year.
Elk Pointe is an excellent neighborhood to live in and raise a family, I often visited my childhood friend there; but the homes are pretty big and expensive.

The best thing to do is find a neighborhood your interested in and then call the Jeffersonville Police department. They will for sure tell you what neighborhoods to avoid.
Jeffersonville is a small town across the river from Louisville, Ky. The down town is really coming alive. The area is very affordable and offers many opportunities for families. The school system varies in ranking.