General Area in 07039>Question Details

Cynthia Ann…, Other/Just Looking in 33936

How would I track the sales history of a specific house back to the early 1960's?

Asked by Cynthia Ann Desanto, 33936 Thu Nov 19, 2009

The address is: 13 Grand Terrace, Livingston, NJ 07039. The house in which I grew up in back in the early 1960's at that address , no longer exists. This is the specific house I'm asking about, not the current one that's there now.

Answers

6
Hi Cynthia,

The answers below are correct. You should go tot the townsjip and explain what you are looking for, from beginning to end, that documentation should be in the township offices "someplace" as each transaction would have to be recorded. Call the town and ask which department will be able to furnish these documents, there will probably (definately) be a fee attached to this.

"If it is not in the local MLS" There is no way this information would be available on your local MLS.

Good Luck! Let us know what you find out!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 20, 2009
Cynthia: the answers already submitted that direct you to town and county records are good advice. Records from the 60's are not usually available electronically. You might be able to determine whether the records office has the information you seek by calling first. Good luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 20, 2009
Go to the local courthouse tax collector office in the town where the home resides.
You can go to the town and see if they have any records. Or you can go to the county court house for a search that will cost a fee. A title search may do it also. Good luck!
Go to the county and seek out the deed of records office. All documentation will be there. You must physically go there, typically there is a search fee.
Web Reference: http://www.patsettar.com
If it is not in the local MLS then I would suggest contacting the local township and see about the public records there.

Sean Dawes
Web Reference: http://www.SeanDawes.com