General Area in Phoenix>Question Details

Eva Krenklis, Real Estate Pro in 85007

How often do you hike South Mountain?

Asked by Eva Krenklis, 85007 Mon Jul 30, 2012

Answers

10
Chris and Michelle Spalding’s answer
My preference are the hiking trails in the NW Valley, specifically Westwing Mountain. Both Westwing and Sunrise mountain trails are maintained by the City of Peoria and because of their location are still not overly used. They are really beautifully located and I would recommend them for sure (just dont tell your friends!)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 2, 2012
As often as I can. There are different ways to get to south mountain and a variety of hikes to enjoy.

Remember the suntan lotion because we are the valley of the sun and the winter time and spring time is when we're out there the most...remember when it starts getting warmer the snakes are out too....

Eva- are you thinking about moving from Scottsdale to the Ahwatukee/Foothills area? I've been a residence since 1990 and can assist you if you're looking to relocate to this area.

Let me know

Debbie Nieman
Keller Williams Sonoran Living
602-799-5239
diverdebi@cox.net
http://www.diverdebi.com
Mountain Bikers cover more territory. We also see more Real Estate.
Hikers see less Real Estate but they see more of the desert.
3 days a week on the trail and more when I find the time. The more I ride the same trail, the more of the desert I see.
Have a great hike!! Hydrate...Bob Thomas
As soon as it hits below 85 degrees. Telegraph Pass, the National Trail and Fat Man's Pass are some of my favs! Enjoy!
Mostly mountain bike South Mountain. Epic riding!!!
I think the local hiking opportunities are one of the things that makes living in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area so wonderful.

I am Phoenix Mountain Preserve hiker myself... go out almost every day with our pup... don't know which of us enjoys it more though. We even have a Facebook Page on the trails of the PMP.
As much as possible before the temperatures hit 90 degrees. Our hiking season is a good 6-8 months depending.

There are a number of entrances to South Mountain and a couple newer trails.

If I can share those with you, please call or email me directly...

Debbie Nieman-Pro
Keller Williams Sonoran Living
602-799-5239

http://www.diverdebi.com
diverdebi@cox.net
As much as I can during the "hiking season"! With the huge selection of hikes, the variety of terrain and distances is wonderful! For Ahwatukee residents, it's like having a huge "playground" in your own back yard! And the peace & quite of "Hidden Valley" is amazing! You can't even tell that their is a major city on the other side of the mountain! Yipee...be on the trail in 5 minutes....but it feels like you drove 2 hours to get there! Hands down,the BEST hiking in the "city"! Visit my website, http://www.RealEstateByJennifer.com for more details about Ahwatukee communities!
Jennifer
This is an interesting question for a Real Estate site?
There are actually several mountains to hike here in the Phoenix area--Squaw Peak, Camelback Mountain, and South Mountain are the larger, more popular ones. You can hike South Mountain often. Camelback is a killer of a hike!