General Area in 94582>Question Details

Geeta Sachdev, Home Buyer in San Ramon, CA

How much percentage will the cemetery that is going to be built on tassajara hills, San Ramon affect windermere property values?

Asked by Geeta Sachdev, San Ramon, CA Tue May 7, 2013

Answers

4
Bernard Gibbons’ answer
It is by no means certain that the cemetery will be built and there is considerable opposition to it by http://www.stopthecemetery.org/. This mostly on environmental grounds relating to the amount of water that would be consumed by such a project.

Even if it goes ahead, I would not expect to see any effect on property values in Windemere. If you consider the cemetery in Lafayette, for example, there seems no discernible effect there, so why would Windemere be any different?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 7, 2013
In my experience cemeteries do not have an adverse effect on property values unless your property backs up to it, in which case the home is a little harder to sell. Otherwise the effect is minimal.

Doug Buenz
The 680 Group at Alain Pinel Realtors
(925) 463-2000
Web Reference: http://www.680homes.com
Looking at Cemeteries around high dollar properties the impact is negligible. There are cemeteries all over and you may or may not notice them. This may sound flip but I say in all seriousness that cemeteries are good neighbors. Quiet, they are always neat and well manicured and serve as open space around denser communities.
I don't think it will affect values if it is built. There is still a shortage of homes in San Ramon, and when the market eventually corrects itself, you still have the best schools and the #1 most affluent city in the country.....futhr insuring property values.
The Hagley G…, Real Estate Pro in Pleasanton, CA