General Area in Canyon Crest>Question Details

Kevin, Other/Just Looking in Riverside, CA

How much can I expect to pay for a room addition?

Asked by Kevin, Riverside, CA Mon Apr 21, 2008

We are looking to add a Master Bathroom (2nd floor) andGuest Bedroom (1st floor). It would be approx. 250 sq feet.

Answers

3
The average cost of remodels (from what I hear) is between $90.00 and $120.00 per sq. foot. If you visit the National Association of Realtors, Realtor.org. page you will find 1190 returns on this very topic and will undoubtedly find just what you are looking for. Good Luck. Cindy Vedder.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 1, 2008
There may be many replies but it doesn't change the obvious problem of finding an architect that will do the plans custom for each house. Thats what I do.
Flag Tue Sep 25, 2012
You can build an addition for 90 dollars a square foot but it doesn't include a two story or the demolition costs. Or costs for building in dense urban areas. Over bridges, etc, hillsides.
I would expect to pay about 62,000 for a second floor Master Bathroom addition and a Guest Room on the first floor combined the total would be about $155,000. You have to check lot coverage first however before doing anything on the ground. When would you like that set of plans?