General Area in Littleton>Question Details

Jeff, Home Buyer in Littleton, CO

How long is the commute from Littleton to the 16th street mall?

Asked by Jeff, Littleton, CO Sun Jul 28, 2013

I am looking to move to Littleton in the Fall. The places that look the best for me is close to Downtown Littleton. How long would it take me in rush hour on Santa Fa to get to Denver? Also, I know about the LightRail. Does anyone know if the Downtown Littleton Station of the LightRail fills up fast? As well is it a good place to live?

Answers

8
I think the best place in Denver is Littleton. I've been here for over 30 years.
You did not mention whether you were looking to buy or rent, so I'll cover both.

Rush hour on Santa Fe can be slow(40-50 min), but if you can travel outside those times is fine(20-30 min)

Lite rail is definately the way to get downtown anytime of day or night. All light rail parking fills up fast, Downtown Littleton is one of the worst. Be able to walk to lite rail is quite a selling point for housing and because of that; more costly.

If you think you'll take advantage of the shops and restaurants in downtown Littleton 3-4 times a week; you're right live there, but there are not a lot of rentals available on a regular basis. Homes for sale are realtively small, and more expensive than a mile or two away.

You may want to also look at the area at the next stop north and south of Downtown Littleton; Mineral or Oxford Stations.

Mineral has a large townhome development called Southpark where there are usually a couple of units available for either sale or rent. Right now, both however are usually snapped up ina day or two.

The Oxford station is surrounded by small 1950-60's homes, once again usually a couple available both ways.

You can easily walk to light rail and avoid the parking problems all together from both of these areas.

There are other issues like schools, shopping ,crime rates that might come into play. so getting with someone familiar with the areas will make things go smoother.

One of the things that make Littleton-Littleton is coming up next week. Western Welcome Week!
Check it out: http://www.westernwelcomeweek.org

Good luck and call me if you'd like to talk.

Bill Donovan
720-254-5240
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 29, 2013
Jeff,

Littleton is a great place and the Denver light rail system is awesome! My website offers a great search tool for buyers. It offers school and neighborhood info as well as much more, even "walk score". It populates straight from the MLS so no "already sold" houses listed like some internet sites. Feel free to sign up at LaneTeamDenver.com or call me and I can help you set up your search and get you in touch with several top lenders so you can hit the ground running when you get here.
Hi Jeff,

I live in SouthPark Littleton at the Sante Fe/Mineral Aspen Grove Light Rail Location.

One rail stop from Arapahoe Community College, Old Littleton Shops & Restaurants, and SSPRD Recreation Center. 25 mins via rail to downtown Denver!! Close to Hospitals, Littleton, Swedish, Skyridge locations. Easy access to C-470 for travel to DIA (40 minutes) or I-70 to the mountains (20 minutes)
Driving down town depends on time of day and whether you can use the Carpool lane, must have at least 2 people per vehicle. Non peak hour the drive time from Mineral is 30-40 minutes, peak hour is 45-60 minutes to the 16th Street Mall. Check out http://www.coloradodot.info/library/Brochures/HOVbro.pdf
Carpooling is a economical and green alternative, we have many neighbors who carpool to work, down town, together and share the ride/costs.

Light Rail is the most popular option for down town commuters from Littleton, who don't want the stress of driving and the cost of parking/gas.
Check out the fares and schedules for the C and D lines from Littleton to Down town Denver.
http://www.rtd-denver.com/lightrail.shtml

There are many wonderful Littleton neighborhoods close to, or walk to, Light Rail, please don't hesitate to contact me if I may help you in any way with your housing needs. 303-931-5853
Jan Baer Realtor, Broker Owner, BAER Realty LLC
The area around the Downtown Littleton light rail is actually becoming very desirable and popular. Downtown Littleton houses many restaurants, shops, and boutiques. They also host many festivals, parades, and great weekend activities. While all light rail stations do get busy during rush hour times, the light rail is still a great means of public transportation into Downtown Denver. I would be willing to bet that door to door transportation time is about the same whether you take light rail or drive. The obvious benefit of taking the light rail would be avoiding parking downtown. Its important to note that light rail parking is free if you live within the county where the station is located. Either way, the commute would be anywhere from 30-45 minutes in the middle of rush hour. Carpooling is also a great option when headed into downtown as there is an H.O.V (high occupancy vehicle) lane that moves rather quickly during rush hour. You can go to erideshare.com or call/text 303-521-0314 to link up with other people interested in carpooling, which would obviously open you up the possibility of the HOV lane regularly.
Many of my employees live in Littleton. They absolutely love living there. It is a great balance of suburban life, and Downtown Littleton adds a unique charm with a small city feel to the neighborhood. Littleton is easily accessible to Downtown and several other major areas within Denver Metro in as little as 20 minutes.
Good luck and welcome!
Hi Jeff,
You have several replies to your question here, but thought I would answer as well.

My office is at the corner of Main St and Nevada in downtown Littleton. It's a convenient and fun area to live with the shops, restaurants, and fun events throughout the year. The lightrail ride from Littleton Station to 16th St Mall is about 40-45 minutes. A lot of people take advantage of it and can be crowded at times. The Mineral Station is also close just south on Sante Fe with plenty of parking.

If I can assist you further, feel free to contact me.

Cyndi Mota
Broker Associate
Colorado Home Realty
720-771-8873
Good Morning Jeff,

My office is located in downtown Littleton next to Arapahoe Community College and the Downtown Littleton Lightrail station. From my office and In normal traffic, by driving, the commute time is about 18-20 minutes. Peak rush hour, I would allow another 15-20 minutes for the surges.

If communting by light rail, the commute is about 32 minutes. No parking issues and expense. It's pretty reliable and it allows for catching up on emails and reading.

The 16th Street Mall also provides a free shuttle which travels up and down the mall to enjoy the many attractions.
Littleton station is 15 minutes. My wife rides to downtown from there daily. If you enjoy bike riding it's about an hour (@ least it is for me) along the south platte bike trail. Lots to do around Littleton with easy access to everything. Are you hoping to rent or buy? Condo Town home or detached single fam? Lots of choices in Littleton and surrounding areas. Give me a call, I would be happy to point you in the right direction.
Hi Jeff,

The Littleton station does fill up fast. I believe the ride is 30-45 minutes.

Littleton is a great place to live. When I first moved to Colorado in 1991, I lived about 1 1/2 miles west of the Littleton station.

I would be glad to help you find a home in the Littleton area.

Rich Foerster
720-530-5553
rich@thefoersterteam.com