General Area in Plano>Question Details

Troy, Other/Just Looking in Plano Community Home,...

How long does it take to sell a home in Preston Meadows sub division.?

Asked by Troy, Plano Community Home, Plano, TX Wed Jul 28, 2010

If home is 3 bedroom, 2 bath, one story...value about $190,000 based on Trullia...good condition..recent $9,000 new 20 seer ac...new carpet, etc.

Answers

2
Hi Troy,
I just sent an answer but neglected to give you number of days for one-stories that have sold in your subdivision--for the most part they have gone quickly--of the 7 that have sold in the past 6 months, all but two sold within 12 days of being put on the market! Of the 2 that were slower to sell, one was a foreclosure and the other was asking a very high price and had a pool. It is very likely that most of these sales were probably due to the $8000 first-time homebuyer tax credit where they had to close by June 30. One-stories are still going to be in demand even with the tax credit gone, especially when priced competitively. Would love to talk to you!
Susan
972-489-0228
Hi Troy,
A lot depends on the competition in your area as to what you can ask--in addition it must appraise. Most appraisers will look at past sales for homes your size for the past 6 months and will compare one-stories with other one-stories in order to establish value. Your size home is very appealing to first-time homebuyers and those wishing to downsize. A lot of them want to stay under $200,000. I was just showing homes in your subdivision yesterday to a client. My office is very close to you (Coit & McDermott) so this is an area I work in regularly. In checking the activity for the past 6 months in Preston Meadow, there are currently 11 homes on the market ranging from 2011 square feet to 4308 square feet. Of those, two are one-stories (2011 sf and 2864 sf) Seven one-stories have sold in your subdivision in the past 6 months. Updated homes will usually go first. Sounds like you have some nice features. I would welcome the opportunity to give you a more in-depth look at what you might sell it for. Feel free to call me at 972-489-0228 at your convenience.
Susan Hanson