General Area in Wilton>Question Details

Rich Harik, Real Estate Pro in Los Angeles, CA

How is the market in Wilton, CT? New construction situation

Asked by Rich Harik, Los Angeles, CA Fri Aug 3, 2007

Answers

3
I am an agent that has lived in Wilton for 17 years. I am in the process of constructing a 6300 Sqft New Shingle style Colonial for a client on a premier street in Wilton. I sold them the lot as well. You have noticed that Wilton market statistics have been brought to your attention, so I will will not go that route.
The market in Wilton is still steady and it is mostly due to the best public school system in the state that attracts many families. There are many opportunities to build a new colonial between $1.4 and $2.0 Million on a 1-2 Acre lot and build some equity in the process immediately. If need more insight, please call me.

Ripee Sawhney
Century 21 Landmark Properties
Email: Ripee.Sawhney@Century21.com
The statistics offered are correct.By way of interperting them however the market is holding up but there is a good amount of inventory. Builders who started building 18months ago,before the market turned have found themselves holding their properties longer than they would like. The trick is somply to price well and by well I mean -make it an offer people cant refuse. Those are the homes that are NOT taking 99days to sell. Wilton is a community that is exploding and quite desireable.excellent schools.Commute to NYC is so so.

Karen Brewer
William Pitt Sothebys
Darien Ct
203-554-0951
Rich
There are 166 single family listings in Wilton. The avg price range is $1,343,810. and the Avg. Days on the market is 99. The average list price to sold price is 95%. There are 23 current listings built between 2006 & 2007. Their avg market time is 97 days. There were 8 listings sold in the last 180 days with an avg market time of 73 days. If there is anything else I can help you with, Please don't hesitate to call me.
Ready to serve,
Tim
Tim Kellerman
Real Estate Consultant
Trumbull, CT
Personal Office - 203-254-9310
Mobile - 203-650-2644
Fax - 203-549-0678
http://WWW.TKellerman.com
Oh By The Way... I'm never too busy for any of your referrals!

LISTING INFORMATION COMES FROM VARIOUS SOURCES AND MAY NOT ALWAYS BE ACCURATE. NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY IS MADE AS TO THE ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION. YOU SHOULD VERIFY ANY INFORMATION THAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOUR BUYING DECISION.