Audrey Alvar…, Home Buyer in East Stroudsburg, PA

How is the economy in East Stroudsburg? Are there jobs for office workers?

Asked by Audrey Alvarado, East Stroudsburg, PA Tue Jun 12, 2012

Answers

3
Please do not listen to the realtors or the home builders the fact is that east stroudsburg is the lower end and there is a waiting list for Walmart jobs that should give you an idea
Looks like you have a good answer. Where are you from & are you relocating?
Audrey, The Pocono Mountains community has an interesting hybrid of office jobs that circulate throughout that year in our region. We are affected by seasonality as we swing from a ski locale to a beach and water sport location. We have recreation, corporate and educational office opportunities here. A significant employer in East Stroudsburg is the East Stroudsburg University. As far as the overall employment market, we are dealing with the same economic challenges that any area is, opportunity is here but we do not have the same volume as an urban region. We also never primarily depended on local jobs as the primary employment in a household due to more than 50% of our real estate consumers coming from NY & NJ. I am not sure if I answered your question, but I would be happy to help you with local contacts for employment placement. This may help inform you on the employment opportunities in our area. All the best. Dominick
Could you send me that list as well...i am also looking to relocate to PA with my family. Thank you. #needjobasaptobeabletomove
Flag Fri Jan 3, 2014