General Area in Homestead>Question Details

blkjack103, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

How is the area in Homestead where the new homes are. I heard the area has a high crime rate.

Asked by blkjack103, Miami, FL Tue Mar 11, 2014

Going down there soon to look at some homes and want to know if that part is safe. Can anyone help?

Answers

6
Irene Esteban, MIBA’s answer
Please be award by Law we as Real Estate Agent cannot answer that question. The internet is the best tool for you to access the needed information before you move into the area. I advise all my clients to drive around the area !

Homestead is a great area I used to have my primary residence in The Fairways.

Kind regards,

Irene Esteban,MIBA
Xcellence Realty
June will make one year that my family and I moved to Homestead and we love it here. The area is so quiet and we rarely hear of any crime taking place. I would recommend living here, it has been a great experience with awesome neighbors who look out for each other.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 5, 2014
Dear Blkjack 103,

One of my favorite parts of this area are the gated communities. The security guards do a very good job of checking and scanning Id's, writing down tag numbers, calling tenants to announce visitors, and asking Realtors for their valid real estate. Even in other areas of Miami, the security guards don't do such a thorough job.

Just like my colleague Irene stated, Realtors cannot legally tell you what areas are good or bad. That is called "steering". However, my best advice is to call the local police department and maybe they can shed some light on the crime rate of certain areas or communities.

Pilar Montoya-Larssen
305.713.7757
HelloPilar@gmail.com

Premier Properties LLC
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 11, 2014
The best thing is to drive around Homestead and see what areas you like. Most if the new communities are gated so it will be difficult to get in without a realtor.

My area is Homestead/Redland to Kendall. I can assist you in finding the perfect home.

Please contact me with any questions you have.

Thank you
David Cirinna
786-390-6324
Dcirinna@resf.com
Hi. Homestead is large. Many of these new developments are gated. Do you have a particular area in Homestead you would prefer? You can search crime statistics at the following site.
http://www.crimemapping.com/map/fl/miami-dadecounty. Enter an address of a property for sale in the area of interest and you can adjust time frame to view statistics. Contact me so I can send you properties currently active and specify area, subdivision, price, numbers of beds and baths, square footage or any other criteria. Thanks

Jackie Nurse
First Service Realty
305-609-1232
nursejackiehomes@aol.com
To Whom it May Concern:

In my opinion as someone that lived in Homestead for 6 years I think a lot of people like to comment on the area without having any real knowledge.

The best thing is for you to drive around the area and look for yourself. Also, hiring an agent which knows the area is the best thing you can do.

I have been a rental expert for the past 9 years, lived in Homestead and my territory is from Kendall to Homestead.

As realtors by law we cannot give you this information however, there are plenty of sites which you can access that will give you the crime rate depending on the area.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

IRENE ESTEBAN,MIBA
REO CERTIFIED
RENTAL SPECIALIST SOUTH FLORIDA
Xcellence Realty
10481 N.KENDALL DR.
SUITE D-202
MIAMI,FL 33176
office:305-270-2652
cell: 786-597-8433
E-fax: 1-800-595-0185
E-mail: ireneesteban@aol.com
http://ireneesteban.postlets.com/
http://www.ireneesteban.com