General Area in 19132>Question Details

Marvin EMarv…, Real Estate Pro in

How is the area around zip code 19132 (Philly)?

Asked by Marvin EMarv Corea, Thu Dec 6, 2007

I am considering buying a vacant building there and wanted to get an idea as to some positive and negative aspects of that area. Is there anything interesting happening there?

Answers

2
Well the North Broad area has been undergoing a lot of positive changes. However, where you are looking is a little too far north. I would stay south of Temple University . Even the Temple area can be a little rough at times. You should spend some time there to get an idea of what it is like.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 6, 2007
The neighborhood seems to be the center of the active lifestyle in North Philadelphia, I guess whether or not it will make a good fit with you would depend on your personal observation. Lehigh Ave seems to be more active during the summer months as do many neighborhoods because of it's local shops and businesses. I do have an oppinion on the neighborhood, but it is not as nearly as important as the one that you will have as an investor or property owner in that neighborhood. I would advise that you drive through the neighborhood in early spring, on weekends, and at night to get more of a feel for it.
The winter times may be a little slower paced than the activel summer months though.
Good Luck on your finds.

I would love to hear what you find out.
E mail me at reneseatremax@hotmail.com if I can help you in any way.