General Area in 07751>Question Details

Scorpio, Other/Just Looking in Edison, NJ

How is the Woodcliff community in Morganville,NJ?

Asked by Scorpio, Edison, NJ Sun Mar 22, 2009

Any recent sales? Any listings that are available in that area? Are there any commute options to NY. Matawan is crowded and has a parking issue, so is bus only option?

Answers

16
Gail Szeluga E-Pro, SFR’s answer
Scorpio, Your question is very specific and a matter of personal preference. You need to determine which neighborhood you feel more comfortable in. Remember that it is not always about the "house". You want to love where you live and feel welcome in a development.

As far as your 3 questions: 1)I think that the commute to NY is easier from Heritage Woods. You are very near Rt. 9 and the buses run very often. You could potentially walk to the bus which would not require a parking permit.
2) As I said above the communities are so similar but a matter of personal preference
3) As far as Long term investment...you will be fine with either community but keep in mind that the taxes generally run slightly higher in Old Bridge than in Marlboro. Also homes in Monmouth county can be perceived as more valuable than ones in Middlesex county.

Please contact me so I can show you the two developments so you can see for yourself.
Gail Szeluga
Weichert Realtors
Marlboro Office
732-580-7893
Web Reference: http://www.soldbygail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 25, 2009
Hi Scorpio,
The price of the home also depends on condition and upgrades in the home. In October a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home with a full finished basement closed at $499,000. With that said my estimate for a home in Woodcliff with 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath and a basement would be $490,000 to $510,000. A finished basement could be a little higher.

If you would like more information on the area or need help finding a home please feel free to contact me. I would be happy to show you some homes in the area and keep you update on new/reduced listings in Woodcliff.

Heather Daccurso
Weichert Realtors-Howell
626 Route 9 South
Freehold, NJ 07728
732-580-5309
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 23, 2009
Scorpio, Generally you would add $20,000 for a basement. I think you would expect to pay near $500,000 for a home of that size in the very desirable Woodcliff development.
Gail Szeluga
Weichert Realtors-Marlboro
732-580-7893
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 23, 2009
Scorpio, Where in NY do you need to go? The Academy bus in another option. You can get it at the Cheesequake rest area near the Parkway. Here is the link for that. http://www.academybus.com/commuters_PDF.asp

Gail Szeluga
Weichert Realtors-Marlboro
732-580-7893
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 23, 2009
Hi Scorpio,
You may want to confirm this information with NJ Transit but per their bus schedule you have to go to the Union Hill Rd Park and Ride or the School Rd Park and Ride.

Heather Daccurso
Weichert Realtors-Howell
626 Route 9 South
Freehold, NJ 07728
Office: 732-577-0440
Email: heather@heatherdaccurso.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 23, 2009
Hi Scorpio,
There have been 2 recent sales in the Woodcliff Community, please see the below link:
http://mls.momls.com/MonmouthReports/listings.asp?ID=8033914166

There are no homes under contract and 1 active listing:
http://mls.momls.com/MonmouthReports/listings.asp?ID=8033914168

Bus is the closest commuting option to NYC from the Marlboro/Morganville area. Aberdeen-Matawan is a popular park and ride however there are other options. Below is a link to the NJ Transit rail lines:
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/Rail_System_Map.pdf

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Heather Daccurso
Weichert Realtors-Howell
626 Route 9 South
Freehold, NJ 07728
Office: 732-577-0440
Email: heather@heatherdaccurso.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 23, 2009
I havent checked, I have a freind who lives in Woods. Per him only few homes have basement in Woods. Dont know how true is that. When I am in his neighbourhood it doesnt feel as good as it is in Woodcliff. May be its just me and time of day/year. I will check that down when I go there next time.
Scorpio- Have you looked atthe woods in morganville, the development has some listings and meets you criterias.

you mght get some listing and comps here.
Hi Scorpio,
A new home in Woodcliff was just listed and it matches your criteria. Here is the link:
http://mls.momls.com/MonmouthReports/listings.asp?ID=8034015834

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to view any homes in the area. If you would like to stay up-to-date with homes in the 2 communities I can also set you up on automatic property notification emails....just call or email me with your info.

Heather Daccurso
Weichert Realtors
732-580-5309
Email: heather@heatherdaccurso.com
Scorpio,
Heather is right. This is the time of year that people put their homes on the market and I'm sure you'll see more inventory soon. You need to be advised of new listings as soon as they come on the market so you have the best chance of getting one of them. You should be on automatic e-mail for your favorite developments.

Also, mortgage guidelines have changed over the past year so I would suggest that you get a new pre-approval so when you do find a home, you will be ready to go.

Weichert has great financial people and I could get you pre-approved very easily. Contact me so we can discuss.

Gail Szeluga
Weichert Realtors
Marlboro Office
732-580-7893
Hi Scorpio,
Typically Spring brings more houses to the market so I would say there is a good chance we could see a few more listings pop up in the 2 communities. As you know, now is a great time to buy because both prices and interest rates are low. I would expect the prices to remain about the same throughout the spring market.

I have seen an increase in the number of buyers visiting open houses so not everything is gloom and doom! Hopefully the $8000 tax credit for first time home buyers will just continue to increase activity.

If you would like me to set you up on automatic property notification emails so you will be the first to know about new/reduced homes in Woodcliff and Heritage Woods email or call me with your info.

Heather Daccurso
Weichert Realtors
732-580-5309
Email: heather@heatherdaccurso.com
Gail & Heather

Your inputs are greatly appreciated. I was just looking last year and liked these communities among some more in Old Bridge. I put off the search in fall & winter due to lack of availability. I havent lost a dime by waiting, prices are down easily 10% from last year. Mortgage is almost 1- 1.5% lesser from last year.

I am hoping spring & summer will bring inventory which we may like. Whats your take on that will we see more homes in market? Price trends;Is there enough demand that you people foresee or is it all gloom and doom?
Hi Scorpio,
Both communities are desireable and a good long term investment. It really depends where you want to be and feel comfortable with...there is no straight forward answer.

I agree with Gail, since the bus runs along route 9 commuting to NYC may be easier from Old Bridge. However, Morganville is a great area also and commuting is relatively easy.

I cover both Monmouth and Middlesex Counties therefore feel free to call me if you would like to view the homes or have additional questions.

Heather Daccurso
Weichert Realtors
732-580-5309
Email: heather@heatherdaccurso.com
When it comes to Old bridge v/s Marlboro/Morganville. Which is better given all following things are equal?

As in lot, # of Bed Bath etc and the price range
Only difference being Marlboro house is 8-12yrs old & OldBridge is 3-5 yrs old. Both are in 500K range.

Argument sake take SF in Woodcliff v/s Heritage Woods

Which is better in terms of

1) Commute to NY
2) Communities
3) Long term investment
Thanks everyone, I am looking for 4b/2.5Ba with basement.,

How much should one pay for a house in woodcliff, with 4 BED 2.5 Bath & basement. 2400-2600 sqft. Lot is about avg 0.2 - 0.3 acres.

I think the comparable available are for same size home without the basement. which is $475 from 2 closing in this year.

How much should one add for unfinished & finished basement?
Thanks Heather
Which place do you get the bus from? Do you have to use park & ride or is it right in front of the complex on Rte 34?