Gina, Other/Just Looking in Auburn, WA

How is rancho cucamonga when it comes to raising kids?

Asked by Gina, Auburn, WA Mon Sep 17, 2007

Hearing that San Bernardino County has the highest crime rate. How's the school district?

Answers

6
I have personally lived here in Rancho Cucamonga/Alta Loma since 1977. I am a graduate of Alta Loma High School and definitely was able to see all the growth and changes in this wonderful city of ours. I have raised my daughter in this same city and she has now graduated and is attending college. There is so much to do here in the city itself as well as having everything close by. Snow skiing is 45 minutes away; the beach is less than an hour away. Disneyland and other amusement parks are about 45 minutes away as well as Angel Stadium. There are plenty of community events and parks throughout the city as well. The Victoria Gardens Mall is close by in proximity and we have restaurant row all along Foothill for any kind of cuisine. Everyone enjoys the outdoor mall as well as all of the events they hold there which includes plays, concerts and movies in the park. The holidays are my favorite time at the mall as it gives you that old fashioned holiday feel with all of the decorations they have.
Please let me know if you have any questions at all.
Jamie Hennessey
Re/Max Champions
909-816-4766
love2listyou@yahoo.com
Rancho is awesome! I live and work in the community, and I am a parent as well. The city of Rancho Cucamonga offers awesome programs year-round for kids, at a reasonable price. The City itself is very safe. Like most communities, there are better parts than others, but most of my clients have found that homes above Foothill (Rte 66) fit their expectations better. Please let me know if you'd like to meet, and I'd be happy to give you more info and show you around!

Janna Piper-Frailing
Horizon Real Estate
Rancho Cucamonga
(951) 903-3134
janna@horizonestates.com
We have lived here for two years. My children are 11 and 7. I feel the area is probably one of the best in San Bernardino county. On the web site for the Alta Loma school district (apart of RC), it states Alta Loma SD rates the highest in San Bernardino County. We have never encountered any problems living in Rancho Cucamonga.
Hi Gina,

Rancho Cucamonga is one of the best places to raise a child. The schools are some of the best! There are many distinguished schools in the area and that is something to be said! San Bernardino County is very large and goes all the way up to Victorville. There are always good and bad in any county because counties are so large. It is the individual cities that make the counties and not all are bad. Yes, there are better areas of Rancho Cucamonga to live just like any city, however, Rancho Cucamonga is an excellent place to raise your children. If you have any doubts, check with the local police department once you have found an area you like. Also, drive the neighborhoods, ask the neighbors as you see them out washing their cars or walking their dogs. They will all be honest with you.

Joan Patterson, B.A., A.S.P., G.R.I., Realtor
8250 White Oak Avenue, Ste 102
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
951-204-1864
http://www.calljoan4homes.com
Gina:

As Tisza said SB is a big county, it runs from the LA County line to the Nevada border. Bigger than some states! BTY, the over 1200 homes on the market includes Condo's and Townhomes.

I have lived in RC for 22 years and I can tell you with assuredly, it is a great place to live. The schools are some of the best in the state! Period. I have raised three kids here, again it is great!

Feel free to call or email me anytime you have a question about Rancho. You can also view the city facts on my web site. http://www.DayBreakGroup.com
Hi Gina,

Thanks for finding Trulia and giving me a chance to answer your question. Let's tackle the San Bernardino County crime rate first :-) San Bernardino County is the largest county in the world so, unfortunately, it stands to reason that it would have a crime rate per capita that would be equal to it's size. That being said, Rancho Cucamonga, while it is within San Bernardino County does not share the county's reputation.

Rancho Cucamonga, which also encompasses Alta Loma, is a wonderful place to live, the schools are great (my best friend is the head librarian for Los Oso's High School), there are ample parks, a beautiful mountain view from just about everywhere in the community and plenty of properties to choose from. You can find everything from brand new townhouses to beautiful 1 acre + estates. Oh, and don't forget that because Rancho Cucamonga is nestled within the Inland Empire and San Bernardino County, the tax base is lower. A good thing :-)

Currently in Rancho Cucamonga we have 1243 homes available and 14.6 months of inventory on the market, so this is a great time to buy there. I know of several beautiful homes, near great schools that are currently available in the area. Please feel free to give me a call for more information or if you would like to see any properties there in Rancho, or in Upland or Claremont (two other nearby communities with wonderful school systems).

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Take care,

Tisza Major-Posner, Realtor, Keller Williams Professional Group (909) 837-8922
Web Reference: http://Route66Living.com