General Area in 02601>Question Details

Stevens  & M…, Real Estate Pro in Centerville, MA

How do you choose a realtor to sell your home? What is most important?

Asked by Stevens & Manley, Centerville, MA Sat Mar 16, 2013

When you close the door, escorting the agent out the door, ask yourself, "Do I trust that person to represent the sale of my home?"

While experience is important and demonstrated knowledge of the local values of homes, you cannot manufacture trust. As a homeowner, you are in control of the listing and sale of your home. You need to find an agent that not only is able to answer buyer questions about your home, town/city and neighborhood, but someone who will reflect the manner in which you do business.

Do they return messages and calls promptly? Consistently hit deadlines? Able to craft and tell a story of your home to entice buyers?

Those are the questions you should be able to answer when finishing a listing appointment with an agent. If any of those answers are no, keep shopping.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 2, 2015
The most important thing to look for is experience! And when I say experience I mean long term and recent experience. Agents that have practiced for several years understand a lot about marketing, negotiating, and certain complicated real estate processes.

Recent experience is important for understanding market conditions and setting the price right. If an agent hasn't sold a home in the past 3 months or so, then they are likely out of touch with appropriate home prices.

We created our service to help connect home sellers with top performing agents that compete against other agents for your listing. Because agents know they are competing, they bring out their best services and commission rates, which can help you get the most money possible for your home.

Best of luck!
When choosing a Realtor to sell your home make sure the Realtor has complete knowledge of the area. Additionally I would want my Realtor to be someone I felt completely comfortable with. I would want to make sure the Realtor had a good plan for getting my home sold. Will the Realtor be doing all the showings or will others be showing the house on their behalf? Will the Realtor be doing regular Open houses? Will the Realtor be doing and Agents tour? What form of advertising will be done? Will the home be featured on their web-site.

Those are only a few questions to consider when choosing a Realtor to sell your home.

Donna Gilson
McDevitt Realtors
South Dennis, Ma
Excellent question, I have seen many clients that have learned the hard way and have chosen a Realtor who is working on a part-time basis. Real Estate is not a Part-time profession, it is a business that should be comprised of pros, that know exactly what they are doing and that understand the market they are in. Feel free to take a look at my blog on this topic;…

Just copy and past the link into your web browser.
Very good question. If you would like to know some good tips to this question, and many others that people who are considering selling their home need to know, feel free to request this 12-lesson course I offer free of charge, no obligation:…