General Area in Los Angeles>Question Details

craigbruce, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

How do learn more about the LA neighborhoods and what it's like to live there?

Asked by craigbruce, Los Angeles, CA Sun Jul 28, 2013

Answers

8
There are many, many LA neighborhoods.. I would like to find out more about you. i.e. your price range, how many beds, baths, house, condo..are schools important? How close to work, shops, public transit, beach..... And more!
Please contact me directly to talk about a neighborhood that fits you.
Susan Bo'ur
Realtor/Coldwell Banker
Susan@SusanBour.com
(310) 600-4240
Have a great evening!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 28, 2013
Hi Craigbruce,

Why not focus on where your favorite restaurants are located? Shortest commute time? Closest to your favorite ammenities?

Alternatively, you check out this link on how to decide where to live in LA:

http://losangeles.about.com/od/movinghere/a/choosingneighbor…

Annie
First decide on what kind of neighborhood you want live in. Then ask your friends who live where you want to be and what it's like. I would definitely spend some time in the neighborhoods you are interested in. Nothing beats first hand experience.
A really good site for that is the City Date Los Angeles forum ( http://www.city-data.com/forum/los-angeles/). You can post questions you have and get tons of responses from people who live there. Also, i recommend just taking a lot of time to drive neighborhoods at different times of day and week, walk around, sit a coffee shop for a while and surf the Internet, get a feel for the area. Envision yourself living there.
When I am interested in neighborhoods that are further away than I care to travel to find out, I look online for people that actually live in those areas and ask them about the area. Not real estate professionals just the everyday people in the area.
Do you want to learn about them or do you want to find one that fits what you are looking for?
If the latter, contact a local agent, he/she will have knowledge from years of experience. He/she will be able to steer you in the right direction.
Surprisingly, TripAdvisor has a great breakdown of the neighborhoods by area:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g32655-s204/Los-Angeles:Ca…

Please let me know if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help!
Kristen
310-993-7898
Dear Craig,
Well it's not that easy, actually, unless you have time to go to each neighborhood and spend time there. That actually might be a good way to get started. In my area (Culver City, Playa Vista etc) We have lovely restaurants and farmer's markets. You might consider spending an evening enjoying the area and take a walk down the neighborhood streets. That should give you some idea.