General Area in 94103>Question Details

vFlyer, Home Buyer in 94103

How do REALTORS currently promote Open Houses?

Asked by vFlyer, 94103 Tue May 22, 2007

Any interesting ways, sites, databases, methods?

Answers

10
I'll give you guys my number one tip for an open house - HOLD A PRIVATE INVITATION ONLY - OPEN HOUSE. This is a golden ticket, and here is the scenario/recipe for success.

1) You need a CRM/Outlook/ Lead Router, etc kind of system, Salesforce, etc.
2) You need a new listing, first time on market in a competitive area (I am in NYC)
3) An open mind...

Step 1:
You just signed your listing, it's 7pm Monday night, your sellers are excited to be on the market. You tell them that on Thursday - YES THURSDAY - at 7pm you MAY want to bring a few buyers over, to please allow a 2 hour window for visitors. You should, have buyers already in your CRM that actually match your property profile, OR you know the agents from other firms in your MLS or your company, etc that have active listings on the market. Note: you do not make the appointment, you merely ask for the 2 hour window.

2) Send the following e-mail to your client list - modify it for agents.

Dear ____, I just received a brand new listing in (neighborhood name), it is in your price range, and truly worth seeing. It is brand new on the market, the first public open house is Sunday from 12-2pm. However, due to the large demand I foresee for this home, I am holding a special preview night, on Thursday, from 7-9pm that is invitation only - by appointment only. If you would like to attend please call me ASAP to reserve your spot.

2b) Call your hottest prospects directly with the same messaging.

3) Sit back and wait, you will be surprised at the volume of contacts that want to see the home. Furthermore, you will have less cancellations, a happy home seller, and if you priced the home well - an offer - Before your first public open house.

try it!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 23, 2007
V flyer is great. I advertise on my website, my blog site, the Remax Gold site, the International Remax Site, the MLS, Active Rain and of course the neighborhood where the Open House will take place.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 25, 2007
I have actually done a one year trackingon what works best. The internet. Craigslist, Oodle, Google base, Truila, ANY place that I can online advertise we are there. Second would be the street signs, but in some Long Island area Villages we are prohibited to use them so then I use the local paper - for those towns.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 23, 2007
Same as Roberta. We actually find that the signs are the most effective open house marketing.
Web Reference: http://mioaklandcounty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 23, 2007
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI
Via SIGNS, MLS, ads, websites, craigslist, backpage, postlets and vflyer.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 22, 2007
Roberta Murp…, Real Estate Pro in Carlsbad, CA
Hi There,

All of these online sources mentioned are great ideas, but I also think that target marketing is very helpful. Some examples would be to send invitations to rental communities in the area. Also, the MLS allows Realtors to view other Realtors that have potential buyer client matches for your home. Sending those buyers invitations to the Open House via their agent is very successful. Something I'm seeing in my market, is mentioning to the agent that they do not have to accompany their buyer if a scheduled open house conflicts with prior commitments the agent may have. We will simply honor a phone call from the agent, announcing their buyer is planning to attend, and this draws in quit a bit of traffic. Additionally, many homes have been sold as a result of sending invitations to the neighborhood your home is in, as your neighbors may have a friend or family member that wants to move or that has always admired your home.

Best of luck to you!
Melissa Mancini, Realtor, CBR, GRI
Web Reference: http://MelissaBMancini.com
I found Broker tour is one of the top on my ad, Trulia, Craiglist, MLS,& Open house on a Broker tour day but in the evening with Wine and Cheese, It invite the agents and their clients to view the property at a easy and comfortable atmaspher.
I use the MLS, craigslist, personal website, enhanced realtor.com, sfgate.com, site specific website, non-branded websites, property address website, property statements, traditional print media, vflyer, on and on...Does that help?
Online: craigslist, MLS, realtor.com, boston.com etc..... Print of course for the technology impaired: newspaper, and of course signs many days in advance.
I do love the Internet for Open Houses. The best place I found is REALTOR.com. I get the most qualified traffic by far from them. Second is craigslist and my broker's website. Signs are great but they attract lots of unqualified buyers.

As far as print advertising goes...if your broker is advertising open houses as part of their print campaign, this is another great vehical.