General Area in Orinda>Question Details

Brenda,  in Campbell, CA

How do I transfer my real estate license for Oklahoma to California?

Asked by Brenda, Campbell, CA Wed Jun 11, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 17, 2008
Stay in Ok. There you still have a job. And freedom, and growth potential that will soon be recognized. Here we have excessive stupidity in government regulation and regulatory agencies, Environmentalist sponsored water shortages, which in turn causes economic ruin.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 11, 2008
You will need to meet both the education requirements and pass the exam. Contact the DRE and have a transcript of the classes that you've taken either to get your degree or to get your license. Tehy will tell you what qualifies and what else you need to take. Once you know what to take then the best option is to get them online, do the course work and then send the updated transcript in so you can schedule a test date.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 11, 2008
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
I just heard another realtor talking to the DRE while I was in paying my fees. They told her she would have to take the classes required by CA and re take the CA exam.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 11, 2008
Hi Brenda:

I don't think you can just transfer the liscense over. The two statess are quite different.

Go to CA DRE Site and check out how to become a liscensee here.

Good luck!

0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 11, 2008
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin, CA
You need to take the class and test in California.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 11, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer