How To... in Longview>Question Details

Cheyenne, Home Buyer in Longview, TX

How do I find out my homes history?

Asked by Cheyenne, Longview, TX Fri Aug 19, 2011

I know the house I bought was built in 1982 but I want to find out the history of my home if there is any original owners, any deaths in the house etc. Any suggestions?

Answers

4
Thank-You y'all have been very helpful!
Past Owners
County Courthouse Public Records
County Appraisal District
Title Company
You can also find a neighbor who has lived in the neighborhood for a long period of time and strike up some conversation with them, they usually tend to be very helpful with things like this.
You can check the public records at the court house or at the counties website. I believe you can search by property and see who owned the property and the type of financing etc that they had.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
You could have asked the sellers when you were at the closing table. (unless it was bank owned). You could ask your Realtor to look up the history in public records (which you could also do yourself on your county's website). You'll just see names of people who have owned it, and nothing personal. No way to find out if anyone died there.