General Area in 28139>Question Details

Carol Novack, Home Buyer in New York, NY

How difficult is it to go by car (or bus, if available) from Lake Lure to Asheville and vice versa? Someone

Asked by Carol Novack, New York, NY Sat Jun 6, 2009

down there told me that the roads are difficult to negotiate.

Answers

3
Carol - While the roads in Western North Carolina (Asheville and west) have curves, they are not what I would call difficult. And believe me, you get used to them! I live west of Asheville (Waynesville) and take Rt 40 to Asheville with no problem. It takes me about 30 mins. So the major highway system is good and getting better as they finish the new road at Rt 40 and 26S.

Many of the side roads are maintained by the state and they do a pretty good job! The only time I've had problems is in the winter and then you just stay in until the sun comes out and melts the snow!

Feel free to contact me with any questions. My email: ShirleyKelley@kw.com
I moved down from MI in 1999 and love it here!
if u cut across hit 221 the go down i 40 it is not that bad u still have to go up the mountain but i do it and i live not to far from lake lure
There is no bus to Asheville, sorry. You can get to Asheville by going up (and I mean up) route 74. It is slow, and there are a lot to curves. Living in Lake Lure has a positive point... It's near nothing. It also has a negative point... It's near nothing. It took me an hour to get to Patton Ave this morning, and there was no traffic.