General Area in 10021>Question Details

Vasya, Home Buyer in 10021

How can I obtain a condo Board Meeting minutes?

Asked by Vasya, 10021 Thu Dec 4, 2008

I own a condo in 10021 and have requested a Board Meeting minutes.
The management company is refusing to give it to me because i am not a Board member.
Am I entitle to know what they discuss simply be the fact that it concerns the property I have stake it?
What are the specific regulations regarding this.
Any layer opinions?

Answers

9
Aileen-Manhattan-NYC’s answer
Have you thought about reviewing your condo rules and regulations? It should spell out your entitlement to the board meeting minutes. Also, you may want to ask these questions to your original real estate attorney that negotiated your purchase of your home. He/she may have some solutions/recommendations/advice.

Lastly, and this is a little sneaky... if you're entitled to view the board minutes, contact a neighbor who has a contract out on a unit (or a recent buyer) in your building. Ask them if their attorney has the minutes or if they've seen the minutes...
Make sure to attend all open meetings to see what is being discussed. Some buildings will allow you to read the minutes at the attorney's offices, but not all. Make sure that when you receive the annual financial statements you read them carefully, particularly the notes - that's where any information that you need to know will most likely appear, particularly if you're not familiar with reading financial statements.Also, make yourself familiar with the by-laws of your condominium. Most people don't bother to even read them, prefering not to be involved or to leave the work to someone else. Get involved. The only time you have the right to complain about something is when you've been a participant and haven't sat on the sidelines.
You cannot. The Board conducts private meetings and has no obligation to make their minutes public.
You have to contact the management company and request an appointment to review board minutes. They will not let you take anything or copy but let you look and make notes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
My condo management company refuses to provide the minutes of the meetings, giving me the impression there are none existing. I am constantly stonewalled by the management company by not being able to request the specific day of the meetings, which the board doesn't release to the condo owners, giving the management company further reasons to deny any access to the minutes.
any help is appreciated

Be wise to buy Restaurant Insurance and Landscaping Insurance in order to protect you’re restaurant and the assets.

visit here :
As far as I know board minutes meetings are public information and should be available to anyone that requests them at the management office. If they know it's you then you may want to have a friend request them - have her pretend she is considering buying an apt in the bldg and would liket to review the culture of the bldg, etc. and then they will show them. She or even you (make up a name) can set an app't with the manangment office and go and review them. Should be easy.
I have had the same issue. All questions must go through the management company and not the board members. I have repeatedly asked for the meeting notes, but they have not responded to my request. My condo documents do not reference anything regarding the meeting notes. However, my friend, a non-practicing lawyer told me that I have a right to see the notes. Is this correct? Thanks.
Thank you for your advice. Board memvers are missing in action and rent out their units.
This is why we are trying to see what they are up to.
Aren't we entitled to know about Board meetings w/o their permission?
Vasya,

Contact the hme owners association president or one of the current board members. I'm sure they will be able to assist you with what you need.