General Area in Poughkeepsie>Question Details

Heather, Home Buyer in Connecticut

How can I find out the property taxes for Poughkeepsie and/or Dutchess County?

Asked by Heather, Connecticut Sun Jan 23, 2011

Property Taxes

Answers

10
Hi Heather,

The Dutchess Real Property department provides report with such data. Here is a report that will be of help.
http://www.co.dutchess.ny.us/CountyGov/Departments/RealPrope…

If you need further assistance let me know.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 23, 2011
Make sure when you call, ask for the tax RECEIVER. (The assessor determines the house value as it relates to how the town and school calculates your taxes.)

Sometimes you have to call the school business office to get the actual school taxes. A town does not always collect the taxes for the school district.
You can go online to Dutchess County Parcel Access (there's a link from the Town of Poughkeepsie website) and enter the address. Or you can call the Town of Poughkeepsie 485-3600 (or whatever town it is) Town hall and follow the prompts for the Assessor's office and they can help you. OR you can give me the address and I'll look it up for you!
best,
Kit Colbourn 845.224.4438, kit.colbourn@prudentialserls.com
The websites others here have provided are usually reliable. However, you might want to contact the municipality tax office just to verify that there haven’t been any recent changes which might not be reflecting online. Updates can sometimes take some time to filter into the various websites
http://www.co.dutchess.ny.us/CountyGov/Departments/RealPrope… Try this link, then let me know if you still need some information. MillertonNY@gmail.com 914-489-8706
Heather -

Shoot me an email with the properties you are interested in and I'll be glad to get you the tax info for them.

<>< Jim
Web Reference: http://DutchessRE.com
Contact me directly at 845-591-5274 with the address you want the taxes for and I will be able to look them up for you. You can email me also to JohnSoldMyHome@gmail.com

I am a Realtor specializing in Poughkeepsie Area and all of Dutchess County
Keep in mind that property taxes do vary--one can contact the local tax assessor's office, or if referring to specific properties, any local agent can help you.
County websites may show the tax rates in your area. If you are looking at specific homes that are for sale, your agent will know or be able to find out. This link for Kentucky might help.