General Area in 94582>Question Details

suong00, Home Buyer in San Ramon, CA

How can I enroll my kids in schools in San Ramon for the next school year onward while we are still living abroad and only come back in July?

Asked by suong00, San Ramon, CA Fri Mar 29, 2013

We don't own any property in the States.

Answers

3
Elizabeth Lee’s answer

In order to enroll your children in the San Ramon Valley School District you will need to show proof that you are living in the area either by a lease agreement or a utility bill. You will still be able to enroll your children but it may not be the school closest to where you end of residing. Please let me know if you need additional information. I am a realtor with Sotheby's International Realty and can be reached at ealee@sbcglobal.net.

elizabeth
You must be living within a school district in order to enrol kids there. It used to be that having a home purchase in escrow was sufficient but the school districts tightened up on that as so many short sales failed to complete.

You WILL get your kids into school but not necessarily the nearest one, once you reside here. Best bet may be a short-term rental so you can show a lease. That would certainly work.

Bernard Gibbons
J Rockcliff Realtors
I have had clients who have been in the same position as yourself. With most of the School Districts the children have to be physically in the area.
You can go to the School District and talk with them and give them a heads up that you will have children coming into the school district at the beginning of the school year

They cannot save a spot for children just in case they do not end up at the school.

Once you arrive in July go to the school district and registrar the children. If you have been in contact with the school district they will be aware of your situation.

Do you own a home in the district? Or will you be renting?

Hope this helps.

JoAnn Wheeler
925-699-3337
joann@joannwheeler.com