General Area in 91364>Question Details

Allen Brodet…, Real Estate Pro in Tarzana, CA

How are your experiences with Trulia so far? Any recommendations you would give to a new agent with Trulia?

Asked by Allen Brodetsky, Tarzana, CA Tue Feb 11, 2014

Answers

11
Consistency is key. That said, Trulia is not a big lead generator for agents. It is a useful resource for consumers...

If you're looking for something that will garner a lot of leads...keep looking!

Good Luck
Allen,
Great question. I've received some business as a result of my time here. I try to give fresh answers, not repeats of what everyone else has already said. I try to answer questions that are within my capacity. I'm no expert on TX, NY or FL, but if its something that doesn't take a resident expert I try to answer if no one else has.
Spam and blatant self promotion are frowned upon, read over the community guidelines. Take some time, read some questions and answers and contribute regularly. Over time you'll build a presence and the local buyers & sellers who use Trulia will find you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 11, 2014
Hi Allen,

I would recommend helping consumers in the Q&A section, as well as reading other responses from professionals. We learn something new every day.

Kind regards,

Arpad
It is NO where near what it used to be. They removed their blog platform to be able to focus on other aspects of the site which leaves us with a Q and A section that is as littered with spam this morning a sit was 2 years ago. The rental section is packed with scams with no help seemingly in sight to stop it. The worst part is the customer service, if you try to reach them, if you get a response you will get a response straight off a script with no useable answer. The leads were comletely awful, mostly spam and scams and a lot of dreamers unable to purchase. I really hoped Zillow take over would bring back the glory of the site we came to love, but not yet.
Allen,

The most important thing is to get back to your lead ASAP! Call, text, email and start over.

Alex Khalilifard | Realtor - General Contractor
BRE License #: 01937591
Listing and Selling Agent
RE/MAX
Alex@TopHomesLA.com
Direct: 818.925.8088
http://www.TopHomesLA.com
Hello Allen,

Trulia has been great so far. The key is to have a strong profile and always follow up on your leads quickly, via telephone, text, and email. Keep active in the blogs, advice, and Q&A's You never know when your going to get a solid lead, it can happen in week 1, or the last month of your commitment!

Good luck and good selling!

Oscar Gonzales
WestCo Realty
562-244-2055
BRE#01771716
I would say that it's probably not a good idea to buy zip codes unless you get Follow Up Boss and a Buyer's Agent.

Getting internet leads is like being on floor time 24/7. There's no structure to it and the buyers WILL call at the most inopportune times. So you have to BELIEVE that you're on floor time at all times so that you can respond properly. This is a LOT more difficult than it seems. Having a second person to tag team with is critical or your going to hate doing it. When you hate doing it then you WON'T do it and so buying the zip codes is a waste of time.

From there, like I said, you need a tool like Follow Up Boss to keep you in touch consistently.
Build up your profile and have clients submit recommendations for you. Also, helping others in the forums here will increase your exposure. You can also do paid ads with them.

Best of luck!

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com

MA Broker at Sankey Real Estate
C: 508-250-0345
O: 508-543-8060
F: 508-643-1515
RobertAdams@MArealestateHELP.com
http://www.MArealestateHELP.com
Just keep answering questions and blogging. Become a VIP. You will get noticed!
I am still navigating through the system. The customer service is good, so I am hopeful. I have received leads, but am still working through the lists. I think if you work the leads continuously something will come of it. Also, I was told to get to 100% on personal information.
Hi Allen,

I agree with Cindy, being consistent is key to having success on Trulia or any other real estate website for that matter.

Best of luck to you,

Barbara Grandolfo