General Area in Niles>Question Details

Fremontschoo…, Home Buyer in Fremont, CA

Homes in niles are are much older and not well maintained compared to most other areas of fremont.

Asked by Fremontschools, Fremont, CA Thu Apr 5, 2012

Homes in niles are are much older and not well maintained compared to most other areas of fremont..obviously this is a generalization and not true for all homes. Most of them are built in the 50s and 60s, especially if they are near the historic niles canyon railway area...

what is the scope that niles will improve just like mission san jose or ardenwood over the next few years? schools are reasonably good..is the physical separation ( by the ponds and mission blvd) of niles from rest of Fremont causing the difference?

It is also interesting to see not much shopping there..

Answers

2
Dawn Rivera’s answer
Nile is a quaint little "small town" area it has many antique shops which it is well known for. It also (as you stated) does have great schools. Do I think they will change it into something like Mission San Jose? In my opinion I dont think so. They may do some face lifts on some of the building but most of them are historical buildings and cannot or should not be changed. If you are looking for a newer home, there are some newly build homes in the area, and as for shopping if you drive straight down Niles Blvd. it turns into alvarado niles and goes to the huge shipping center in union city called Union Landing where you can shop, buy groceries, go to one of many restaurants, and see a movie if you like.....Dawn
I live in Niles and while they have some older homes, I can tell you there is no neighborhood like it in all of Fremont. You seem to be commenting on the older part of Niles which is a nice area, but older homes with smaller rooms.

The Rancho Arroyo area homes have much bigger lots with bigger homes, and they are older too, but still nice.

The one thing that Niles has over other areas is the sense of community. Whether it is the shops on Main street, Mr. Mikey's grocery store (one of the nicest I have seen for a small store) to the new Niles park, NCLL (Niles Centerville Little League) or just the neighbors you meet there, it is unique not only to Fremont, but to just about any city in the Bay Area. Niles Elementary is one of the jewels for any schools and the teachers are great, with lots of personalized attention.

Many of the older homes are being fixed up and remodeled as well. Although it is tucked away, it has really won my heart over and I just love it there. Come on down anytime - you will love it.