My back round is in commercial and residential construction and I have also done many re-hab projects. If i where to refer you to a client there are some musts that have to happen.
1) Licensed & Insured
2) I have to have references & see jobs that you have completed. Including a line item budget and completion dates Etc.
4) How much of your work do you sub out?
5) Lien waivers signed by everyone.
6) Are you a green contractor and up to date with codes?
7) Do you present well to clients.
The people that work for me have a long history so tell me who are currently working with.
I'm assuming you want a continuing business relationship - not just a job.
Upfront, I work with several builders and I have a long history of having worked for building contractors.
There are these important things to cover: In addition to seeing a contractor's license and phone numbers for references, I want to know:
1) you have worker's comp insurance
2) a home I can tour (in various stages of construction and the finished project)
3) if you have a list of skills you perform and if subcontractors will perform work (and are they also licensed, insured, etc.)
For a continuing relationship, I want to know if you're a green builder. Longmont is one of the first municipalities in Colorado to enforce the National Green Building Standard, which takes into account energy efficiency, water efficiency, home exterior and climate- appropriate landscaping. If you're a green builder, that is in your favor.
I've worked for a number of builders. And this might be more important than anything else. How well do you communicate?
PML property movers
Does quality work in the time frame quoted and within reasonable estimated price quoted. A Home Improvement Contractor who can communicated and work with Home Owner and me.
Jack Austin, Broker Associate
RE/MAX Alliance - Boulder
4770 Baseline Road Suite 110
Boulder, Co 80303
720 323 2566
Various things depending on the trade, but honestly, on time and on budget are critical components to start. Are you asking about a specific trade, I might be able to elaborate more?
Let me know.
Debbie Taylor, CRS, Realtor
Resource Realty Group, LLC
I am not sure I understand your question. But in general, I look for honest and professional contractors who will listen to the needs and wants of the client. Good communicators and skilled at the services they offer without gouging the client for unnecessary costs. Time sensitive since often there are often times when time is of the essence on a home project.
Your Castle Real Estate
1776 S. Jackson St. #412
Denver CO 80210
Direct â€“ 303-669-1246