General Area in Hollis>Question Details

momof2, Home Buyer in Nashua, NH

Hollis or Bedford?

Asked by momof2, Nashua, NH Sun Apr 28, 2013

I too am looking to move to New Hampshire from Long Island. My husband and I are looking for a better way of life for our family. Currently we have a two year old and a three year old, so schools are a very important part in our decision. We are looking for a town that has many activities for the children, as well as parks. Our three year old is already involved in gymnastics, dance and soccer and we definitely would like for her to continue in these activities. We would also like to be close to a town for shopping, etc. With everything at our fingertips now, we are not looking to travel 45 minutes to go food shopping. From all the research we have done, I believe to have narrowed down our search to Hollis or Bedford, but are open to other suggestions. We are looking for a 4 to 5 bedroom home on at least 2 acres.
Any additional information would be appreciated.
Thank you!
From the research we have done

Answers

4
Both choices are great! They both have excellent community feel and great schools. Hollis is a little closer Nashua, which is a little closer to Boston, the anchor city of New England. So if you're interested in professional sports, an iconic and historic city, etc. than you may want to consider Hollis. If you have no interest in the city, than you could simply search for homes in both towns and choose the one you like the best!
Hello From NH,

As a life long resident of NH I can tell you that you have, unequivocally, chosen 2 of NH's best towns. I grew up in Nashua and now live in Bedford so I have a pretty strong baseline of personal knowledge beyond my professional practice.

Both towns are located next to NH's largest and most accommodating population centers in Manchester & Nashua. These communities offer the extra curricular activities you seek while the schools systems truly stand out as the best in the state. Both offer exclusive identities within themselves and are steeped in tradition and a historical accent. These towns also offer "townie" activities with fairs and gathering events such as Old Home Days, Fall Activities and more.

When you make your way to NH I would be more than happy to spend a day (or two) with you and your family to introduce both communities and show you what each has to offer as well as the surrounding areas in order to give you a more well rounded understanding of the pros to living in them. Until then, I hope you do ultimately decide to call NH your home, you will not regret it.

Warm Regards,
Jason Duval, REALTOR, CRS, ePRO
Licensed Broker in NH & MA
603.765.3239
603.424.4053
jduval@kw.com
http://www.NHHomeStore.com
Good morning

The towns you have narrowed your search are both very nice towns, Bedford is a bit larger and don't eliminate Amherst as another good alternative as well. My experience has found your commute to work may determine some of the town choices. I would also try to visit the schools before the end of the school year and see what school may be a better fit for you and your family.

Let me know how I can help.

Tim

Tim Joyce
20 Trafalgar Sq. Suite 101
"The Glass Tower"
Nashua, NH 03063
Office: 603-821-1120
http://www.tjoyce.com
http://www.findnashuahome.com
Good evening,

Both of your choices are great as both have all of the things you're looking for.

In my opinion, Hollis is more of a Horse farm community, which makes for beautiful properties. Bedford has more country style developments that are very well done. Both have great school systems but, if you are looking for the best in schools, maybe you would have interest in Exeter? Great communities, school system is high ranking as well and being close to the seacoast there is no shortage of things to do.

I'd be happy to send you more information if you would like? Feel free to contact me at joemccarthy@nhsynergy.com or 603-488-6272.

Joe McCarthy
RE/MAX Synergy
603-488-6272
603-785-2826