General Area in Germantown>Question Details

Amy, Home Buyer in Tucson, AZ

High Demand/Highest Value Neighborhoods in Germantown? Are there any specific neighborhoods in Germantown that most gravitate to holding most value?

Asked by Amy, Tucson, AZ Thu Dec 29, 2011

We are planning to visit the area in the next few months. We're just trying to get a neutral feel of the area and which neighborhoods we need to focus on. We never know when my husband could take a new position out of state so it's critical we move into a highly sought after neighborhood (we can create a home anywhere, however this doesn't help when we're in a resale position). We think Germantown is the best option as this is closest to work and has strong public schools. Our range is 300,000-600,000. Anyone have thoughts of the "Glenalden" neighborhood? If you could suggest some specific neighborhoods we can begin our search. Our only research has been online which is difficult to receive a full picture. THANK YOU!!!

Answers

2
I know you have probably received several answers to your question by now, but I thought that I would send one more.
I have worked the Germantown, Collierville and East Memphis market for 24 years. I also try to sell property all over the city every year so that I can stay familiar with the inventory.
Germantown is a lovely city, and most of the neighborhoods hold their value quite well, however as Collierville has continued to develope-Germantown sales have suffered a little. The Germantown homes are older with more traditional floor plans, while the Collierville subdivisions have younger construction with more open floor plans. In your price range, Collierville will offer 3 car garages and granite counter tops in the kitchen. Many Germantow homes in the $300k + range have not yet been updated.
The schools in both cities are excellent, so it is just a matter of your taste in floor plans and house age.
Hi Amy!
Happy New Year!
Glenalden is a wonderful neighborhood in an excellent area. It is in close proximity to everything, has a private lake, and sits across from Dogwood Elem. school.
The number of sales in this area are down by about 1/3rd, reflecting the fact that the number of listed homes available for sale is down by about 2/3rds.
The average price in this area is $354,781 and the max. price reported is $460,000. The average sq.ft. sold was 3465 and the max. sq. ft. sold was 4345.
That's a quick snapshot of the neighborhood, if you would like more information on this or any other area, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Always My Best,

Michael Bellaire, Broker, ABR
(901)757-5742
(901)387-8349 mobile