General Area in Seattle>Question Details

Rnmteed1, Renter in Seattle, WA

Hi there, We (Husband, 2 small kids and myself) are about to make a very quick move to the seattle/tacoma area.

Asked by Rnmteed1, Seattle, WA Thu Jul 12, 2012

We are both in healthcare and were looking for midground between seattle and tacoma....problem is everything I have looked at online is a bit out of our price range to rent (looking for 2 bed/2 bath for about $1200 or less....have a potential job at a hospital on NW side of seattle, but it looks way too expensive for us. Thanks in advance for any help/advice!!

Answers

13
I found hem something in Everett, since her new job ending up being in North Seattle, not Tacoma.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 7, 2012
Hi Rnmteed1,

If you're working on the NW side of Seattle, did you check Lynnwood, Edmonds, or Everett? Housing there would be less than in Seattle. You might also check out Lake Forest Park or Kenmore.

We do have rental properties in the NWMLS that may not show up on public rental sites. It is an "owner's" market here, so rentals are moving quickly.

With today's low interest rates and Seattle's currently lower prices, you may want to consider purchasing. You also get the mortgage deduction, which lowers your after tax housing expense.

Karen
You came to the right place!

To find the right home at the right price, you have to know the market. As the expert in local neighborhoods, I can provide information tailored for your specific home search.
Here’s a good example: I have the resources to evaluate homes in the neighborhoods where you have an interest. This information will educate you on what prices are being paid for homes similar to the ones you are considering.

I know how important it is to have all the information you need to make the right decision. So please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions about this service or any other part of your home search. Working together, we make sure that you make the right move.

There are many steps in the home buying process. It’s easy to miss something that can add significantly to the cost of your home.
I’m an expert and can help you simplify this process and get the most home for your money. Here’s how:
I can give you a complete picture of the costs so you know how much home you can afford.
I can help you rule out neighborhoods that don’t fit your needs and find new neighborhoods that do.
I can make sure you have the latest alerts on homes that meet your criteria so other buyers don’t beat you to the punch.
I can keep you informed about what’s happening in the local market.
I can give you in-depth details on each home.
I can quickly schedule tours and give you specific information on the advantages and drawbacks of each property
I can also help you craft offers, present offers to sellers, and much more. Contact me at (benis.dawkins@gmail.com) or (206-883-4222) and I can help make the entire process simpler and more cost effective for you. I can help make sure you make the right move.

Give me a call so I can show you around town.

Here's to our success!

Benis Dawkins
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate
Seattle,Tacoma Wa
Real Estate Broker
Certified Distress Property Expert
Certified Buyers Agent
206-883-4222
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
I maybe chiming in a little late, but just as an oberservation. Here everything North of Seattle gets a little cheaper. I wouldn't go past Everett at all, and stay away from Lake Stevens.. Dependent on your job title and when you will be traveling, the bridge across to I-5 can be very backed up at peak traffic times.
Be wary of some of the schools. http://www.greatschools.org is a great website for information.. Welcome to the PNW.. Your gonna love it..
If you're interested in changing your search to Everett or Lake Stevens you'll have better luck. It's going to be very difficult to find a rental home in that price range close to Seattle or Tacoma. The Northern areas of Seattle have great schools too.
I am just coming back to this to let folks know that I helped this family find a rental in their budget within what can be expected commuting distance for the price range they were aiming for. They applied online and were accepted and are very happy to have this worrisome part of their relocation taken care of.
I did a ssearch for rentals from North Tacoma to Seattle, including Renton, Auburn, Puyallup, Kent, etc. Let me know if you have any questions. The assistance of a Realtor like myself to find a rental is of no cost to you. http://www.matrix.nwmls.com/Matrix/Public/Portal.aspx?k=1876…
If you are potentially working on the north side of the city I'd recommend looking in Shoreline, Mountlake Terrace and even as far north as Everett. Prices in Snohomish County will be better and it is a real challenge to commute through the city.
The NWMLS does include rentals and if you connect with a Realtor, they can help you in your search.
Contact the team at seattlepowersearch.com. They are the best and can definitely help you out with your move.

Eddy, Bob, Dave, Christy, Dale. They are all great real estate agents.
Also Puyallup School districts are number 2 in the state of WA...
There are places in Puyallup you can look into.. I have a complete list of rentals I can email to you. There are other cities between Seattle and Tacoma that you could look into and the rents are from $900 for 2-3 bedroom 2+ bath.. Let me know if I can be any service to you... my number is 253-202-3030..

Troy Vander Pool
Historically, Auburn has been more affordable. Look for listings in the Auburn area. Auburn is midway between Seattle and Tacoma, but a bit east. Auburn has a good school district. Good luck!