General Area in Georgetown>Question Details

Missy Compton, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

Hi, my husband and I are being transferred to the Georgetown Kentucky area from Dallas...Where would you?

Asked by Missy Compton, Dallas, TX Mon Mar 24, 2008

recommend a nice place to live, and good schools..3 children..16, 10 and 3...Thank you for any advice

Answers

8
You will love Georgetown. Nice small town with low crime, friendly people and close to the triangle of Lexington, Louisville and Cincinnati. The hospital is well respected and has a unique view of quality and teamwork, much of which they adopted from their community neighbor, Toyota manufacturing.
There really are no bad places to live in Georgetown, the entire community is safe and pleasant. If you like the social, golfing life but small lots look at Cherry Blossom subdivision. The new developments on Champion Way are nice, have a little more elbow room but still close to everything. Mallard Point is the prettiest subdivision in town but has hills to mow. If you like countryside you can choose from the rolling hills of Sadieville or be near the horse farms on Paris Pike. There are so many great neighborhoods to choose from, you can't go wrong. It just depends on your personal preferences and hobbies. Welcome to Georgetown!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 3, 2008
My house is for sale our neighborhood is great for kids we have three bedroom and four bath with finished basement so our house is ready to move into it's listed at 189,900 but we would listen to offers.
There are several good areas in Georgetown, alot depends on the price range of the home. If you can send me your email address I can send you information about our schools and the neigborhoods. We have one high school and 3 middle schools and 6 grade schools.
Missy, you may contact me here in Georgetown at your convenience. I am a Relocation Specialist and I work with the Medical Profession quite often. I can help you get your house on the market in Texas and find your new home here. See my web site for more details on the area.

I like to check out greatschools.net and schooldigger.com for school info. I live in Lexington which has some wonderful schools and school pyramids (try zip codes 40502, 40503 ... other good areas are probably too far south) if you want to consider Lexington ...

good luck -
Missy, I hope you have a good trip to Ky. Here is a district website to local schools in Georgetown/Scott County. Dig around on the site and look into schools to help you take into concideration where you want to house hunt in Georgetown or Scott County.. http://.www.scott.k12.ky.us
If you have time while you are in the area this week, I would love to meet with you and find a home for your family.
Hi, Thank you for getting in touch with me, my husband and I are planning on flying to KY the first week in April, I dont know how much time we will get to look around as far as houses go...He was offered a position at your local Georgetown hospital, sounds like a wonderful town....I will save your email and phone number at get back with you when I have more info...Thanks again!
Hi Missy, I am a teacher in Georgetown, ky, I live in Georgetown, KY and am also a real estate agent working with families in the Georgetown and Lexington, KY area to find a home to suite their needs. I would be happy to meet with you when you start looking for a home in Georgetown. My telephone number is 859-948-9816 and email is traciedavis@wlgdirect.com.