General Area in Ventura>Question Details

Street, Home Owner in Ventura, CA

Hi! We live in Portland Or and I was curious if Ventura, CA is a good place to raise a family. There might be a possible job there for my husband.

Asked by Street, Ventura, CA Wed Sep 21, 2011

Any feedback would be helpful! Thank you!, Andrea

Answers

6
Seems you are a little late answering the question Matt. It was asked 3 years ago.
I have lived all over the country and by far Ventura is a great place to raise a family. As far as beach towns Ventura is one of the lowest priced on the coast. Contact me direct or go to my website for more information.

Matthew Polaski
BRE# 01782721
http://www.PropertiesinVentura.com
805-760-4564
I am not an agent or broker and I LOVE Ventura. I have not lived in Portland, which I imagine is a great place to live, but I have lived in Washington State and living in Ventura is like living in paradise! I love raising my 2 children here. We have a fantastic art community, awesome schools and the people are eclectic. Midtown is a cute place to live and I walk my dog at all hours of the day...even late and I always feel safe. I love the schools in this area even though my husband and I are homeschooling one of our children. My other has gone to both Middle school and now High School here in Ventura. Walking distance to the beach, Farmers Market on Saturdays, First Friday art days, too many tattoo shops for my liking but oh well....there are 5 in walking distance from my house LOL! Never TOO hot or TOO cold. All in all....a great place to live AND to raise a family!!!
Weird...why does it say I am a home buyer for cottonwood...lol! I guess I need to look into that.
Flag Sat Apr 27, 2013
Ventura is a great place to raise a family. Having personal experience in this and coming from the Pacific Northwest myself I know, you will enjoy the change in the climate. It is warmer and dryer here than in the PNW. There are great schools here, elementary, middle, high school, and colleges. Home prices here have come down from their high so are more comparable to other areas of the country. Dianne Lamprecht, Realtor/Broker (805)701-8646 34 years experience in the Ventura County area.
Ventura is a great place to
Hi Andrea! Ventura is a great place to live and raise a family. Ventura is a great place to raise a family, a Mediterranean climate, on the beach and mountain views what's not to like. Boating, Surfing, hiking biking to name a few fun things to do. We're an hour from LA and close to Sana Barbara. Come visit and I can show you guys around town.