General Area in Houston>Question Details

Dsweets20, Home Buyer in Colorado Springs, CO

Hi, My husband and I are planning to relocate to Houston, TX from Colorado Springs, CO next year. We have two boys ages 5 and 3 years of age.

Asked by Dsweets20, Colorado Springs, CO Tue Sep 10, 2013

We would like links for info about the best schools. Our main focus is gathering info about the best schools. We would like to know the best neighborhoods to live in for families, diff. areas of city, we like attending comedy shows, art, museums, concerts shopping and areas that have a lot of kid friendly activities. We will appreciate any help you are able to provide. Thank you.

Answers

9
I have lived in the Memorial area (Hunters Creek Village) for over 30 years. My four children all attended Spring Branch Independent Schools (SBISD). Three went on to Texas Christain University and the youngest went to the University of Texas and received his masters at SMU while working and married. That being said, I am very partial to SBISD. All four are married now and three have started their families. My oldest (a daughter) has enjoyed teaching and has been teaching in SBISD (Hunters Creek Elementary). Our neighborhoods allow us the privilege to enjoy comedy shows, art, museums, concerts, hospitals, restaurants and shopping and areas that have a lot of kid friendly activities. Oh and by the way, I now have 5 grandchildren under the age of 5 with 2 more on the way. I would love the opportunity to show you our neighborhoods.
Call me at 713-515-3805 or email me at joannenaponic@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
Foreign National Loans

Borrowers using TIN Okay
Borrowers with NO CREDIT SCORE
Borrowers with NO SSN
Foreign Nationals {Expatriate}- NO PASSPORT {Must have valid work visa or 30% Down}
70% LTV Purchases
65% LTV Rate & Term Refinance
50% LTV Cash Out {Possible higher if financials are up to par}
Multiple properties OKAY
Corporation purchasing and refinancing OKAY

Richard- El Bey
Avarice Investments
(706) 399-7813 cell
(678) 752-8062 Office
thegocp@gmail.com
Hello, I specialize in showing neighborhoods "inside the loop" here in Houston. I can show you neighborhoods with excellent schools, lifestyle convenience to Downtown, the Galleria, and the Arts districts. Please give me a call or email me and I look forward to showing you all that inner Houston has to offer.

Nicole Brende
713-302-9828
http://www.NicoleBrende.com
nbrende@marthaturner.com
Good morning! You have received some very good info here. I am a native Houstonian and have seen the ups and downs of the various communities in and around the city. Sounds like you are great parents and are looking for a high quality for the boys.

Since Houston is so spread out, it would probably help to know where you will be working. With traffic commute times, that becomes an integral part of being able to take care of getting the boys to activities. Each direction of the city has some really great subdivisions. The hottest areas for growth would tend to support more families with younger children like yourselves. Especially those who are just moving in. You might want to look around the Grand Parkway between I-10 (Katy Freeway) and US 59 (Southwest Freeway). Many new planned communities with good amenities. To the North, there is The Woodlands and some other really good areas just to the east of that. Two new theme parks will be opening in New Caney, which is close to there.

To the south, there is Pearland and Friendswood. Northwest (out US 290 and 249) you will find the Cypress and Tomball areas.

On the HAR site http://(www.har.com) you can check out school ratings, but each of these areas have well rated schools.

The BEST advice of course is for you to contact one of us to be YOUR Buyer's Agent. It will cost you nothing - zip - zero for you to have the professional expertise of a Realtor in your pocket.

I hope to hear from you! Best of luck in your move and welcome to Houston.

Arnold Richie, Realtor®
Terry Burnaman Realtors
arnold@yournexthomehouston.com
http://www.yournexthomehouston.com
713-396-2017 281-788-8962
Hello again,

I sent you a link on your other post, that will help you explore Houston and its surrounding areas.

One of the best ways to find out about schools is to go to har.com or Trulia.com and check out the ratings on different schools - you should be able to see the different school districts and each school within the districts with their ratings.

Are you planning the move because of your job? If so, one of the other important aspects you should concentrate on is the location of the work. Houston, as you can tell by now is a huge area and commuting is one of the major considerations folks take into account when they move here, along with schools being the number consideration.

Places like Katy, Sugar Land, Cypress, West Houston all offer family life. Most of the museums, shows etc. are located in the downtown area, however, you will find that shopping, cinemas, parks, and other recreational activities are prevalent in lots of areas.

If you are looking for more open living (home and area wise), you will probably be more attracted to the Katy, Sugar Land, Spring, Woodlands areas than to the city life that has its own attractions depending on what you actually like.

Your budget will also help determine where you will find what you are looking for. As Realtors we have all helped folks from different areas of US as well as from foreign countries settle here and we welcome the opportunity to help you settle here "warmly".

Please feel free to contact me at the information below.

Persis
REALM Real Estate Professionals
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
You can actually search on http://Www.Har.com... Which is our local MLS. When looking at a listing, the school info button is a live link telling you about that school district. Harris County actually has several great school districts.
I work in the Northwest section of Houston, which includes, Katy (Cinco Ranch), Cypress (Bridgelands, Fairfield)), Tomball (Wildwood @ Northpoint and Spring (Gleannloch Farms). These are some of the larger master planned communities in the Northwest area. if you decide this is where you might want to live... Give me a ring @713-824-2618 or send me an email @ Donna.hines@garygreene.com.
I specialize in relocation and am a certified Cartus Relocation agent as well as a member of our company's international division. If you would like some additional information about Houston, let me know.
I love Colorado Springs and it is a large city, but Houston is HUGE and there are many areas of the city that you might be interested in.

This is a link to various websites that can assist you with school information. http://www.markknowshouston.com/res_list.php?cat=12285&c… We as Realtors do not keep school or crime information, but we can sure guide you in the right direction.

All the things you like to do are in various parts of the city. The inner loop areas can be more expensive and provide less of a home/yard, etc for a limited budget. I have been assisting relocating buyers for over 20 years and understand the balance between your home and your budget. Also, where you will be working might have an influence on the location you end up in. There are outstanding communities close in like the Heights or Bellaire as well as "master planned" communities in the suburbs such as "Bridgeland" or "Cinco Ranch" the offer more than a park and a community pool!

Check out my website for addition information on Houston. If you would like to send me your address, I can mail you a relocation packet full of information that will be helpful. We look forward to hearing from you. Give us enough heads-up and we can meet and give you a tour of the area.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Consider the master planned community of Kingwood for the great Schools and community activities.
Consider the master planned community of The Woodlands for good shopping.
These are the Top Suburbs of Houston and are both about 30 to 45 mins. from Downtown.
Houston is a driver's city. People drive to most everything.
The Museum District is south of Downtown and is very nice, restaurants in the Rice Village. GREAT to visit but not to live there everyday with children. Kingwood and The Woodlands are great for families with Children.

Search for homes on Houston's MLS http://(www.har.com)

Feel free to contact me directly at thomasLsaunders@REMAX.net

Good Luck,

Thomas L Saunders

First, let me be the first to welcome you to Houston. I am a Colorado native myself. I am a realtor that is ONLY focused in the Inner Loop neighborhoods of Houston. This area is diverse and brimming with activity such as the Museums, Music Venues, Shopping, Eateries and all sorts of entertainment within a short distance of each other. It is the most convenient area in the city. If you will picture Houston like a Wheel and the center is "Inside the Loop" (which means inside of Loop 610) and the spokes are highways that lead to different areas of the city. In addition, the two top rated elementary schools in the city are located within this area. I have a four year old myself, and my husband and I are both Realtors. He grew up in Houston and I have been here since 1995 (more specifically, Inside the Loop). I would love to help you, if you want to give me a call or email me.

Heather

In the Loop Properties
713.521.7368
heather@intheloopproperties.com