General Area in Stamford>Question Details

Carlamviana, Home Buyer in Stamford, CT

Hi. My husband and I are considering moving to Stamford and buying a condo. Both of us will need to commute to New York City every day for work. Were

Asked by Carlamviana, Stamford, CT Sun Jan 3, 2010

concerned about parking near the train station. Where is the best place to park close to the Stamford Station? I know there are waiting lists for monthly passes but do you have suggestions for close garages that we can pay to park on a daily basis where there is known availability?

Answers

10
Dahlia Madison’s answer

As you noted, there is a waiting list for parking in the garage at the train station. However, there are two parking garages that are walking distance to the train station. The first one is at 300 Atlantic Street, which is about a five minute walk to the train station. The second one is at 28 Bell Street, which is approximately 7 minutes walking to the train station. You can buy monthly passes for parking at either garage for $75 per month.

My expertise includes Downtown Stamford and surrounding neighborhoods. I would be glad to help answer any questions you may have about living in Stamford as well as help you in your search for a condo.

Dahlia Madison
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Phone: 203-883-9170
Email: fairfieldcountyhomes@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 3, 2010
I moved to Stamford, commuted to NYC too. Waited three years for a parking pass, so I just went in super early to get the pay as you go spot, or parked at the Noroton station, which is the next stop and has tons of parking...as does Greenwich.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
Hello, my name is Anthony Efosa, I commuted to Wall Street New York City for 21 Years I'm retiresd 12/09
I know almost everything about parking around Stamford Train Station. Give me a call at (203) 252-8784 or
E-Mail me at aefosa3@yahoo.com I will be glad to help you. Good luck.
Please give me a call 203-554-4249. There are many options for parking apart from the metro station. I can gladly assist with other options.

Hi Carlamviana,

The best place to reference parking at the Stamford station would be on the Metro North website. Here is the direct link for the Stamford station which includes parking information.

http://as0.mta.info/mnr/stations/station_detail.cfm?key=226

Robin Lynch
Keller Williams Realty Group
Glenbrook and Springdale are ideal neighborhoods for commuters to NYC. Here's a condo that's only a ten minute walk to the train station http://www.raveis.com/propdetail.asp?STATE=CT&FROM=propf…
You might look for condos in the neighborhoods of Springdale or Glenbrook, both within walking distance of those branch stations on the New Canaan line. Many commuters do this. Search listings in zip codes 06907 and 06906 and check the maps for proximity to train stations. During peak commuting times, some trains run express to Grand Central on the New Canaan line. Some condos in Glenbrook (06906) are also in walking distance of Noroton Heights station, on the main New Haven line. It's one stop ahead of Stamford, so easier to get a seat!

Also, several bus lines (including from Springdale and Glenbrook) go right to the main Stamford RR station.
I represent the largest family owned Real Estate company in the northeast with a Golden Award for 2009 I cover every corner of Stamford and I can help; and if I cant I'll have someone else in my company help you.
Albert Bajaio GRI-CBR
William Raveis Real Estate
203 219 9921
914 834 5737
bajaioa@raveisre.com
Carlamviana,
Call or email me to discuss the many options available to commuters.
Hannelore
203-653-6619 My website http://hannelore.raveis.com/ kaplanh@raveisre.com

While parking is generally $75 per month, if you are a full time resident within Stamford's Downtown Special Services district (DSSD) parking at several downtown garages is $46 per month. I would be glad to help answer any other questions you may have about living in Stamford as well as assist in your search for a condo.

Mark Fredericks
The Vanderblue Team
Part of Higgins Group Real Estate
mark@vanderblueteam.com
vanderblue,com
203.504.5005 office
914.924.7556 cell