General Area in Houston>Question Details

Ashley, Renter in Ohio

Hi!I would like to get some suggestions for best (and safe:) neighborhoods for a young professional,relocating to Houston from the Ohio in September

Asked by Ashley, Ohio Wed Jul 31, 2013

Hello, I am moving from Ohio to Houston area by September and I will be working in Sugar Land, I would be grateful if you give me some suggestions about which part of the city to live. I am a 23 year young professional so I would like to live closer to shops,restaurants,city attraction/events and also I prefer to commute max 30 minutes to my job(i heard that Houston traffic is crazy:) Thank you!

Answers

11
Ashley’s answer
My maximum budget is $1000/ $1100 and I do not have any pets. I am looking for 1-year lease for now but I will probably extend my lease for future years, if I am happy with the apartment& my job. I would prefer having dishwasher and laundry utilies and a balcony. Actually I would be happy to learn about the neighborhoods in general and then finalize my expectations based on the area :)
You can check police records in an area by address on the website mylocalcrime.com
Hi Ashley, you may have already checked on some areas, but if you have not, then check out the Sugar Land area around Highway 6 & Highway 59 juncture. You will find a few apartments there. Also check out the Galleria area which is quite different from Sugar Land. If you need help checking out some apartments, please let me know.

Persis
REALM Real Estate Professionals
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
Hello again Ashley,

Thanks for the information regarding the apartment. What is your budget and do you have any pets? I am assuming you are looking for a one-year lease. Do you need any specific requests for amenities within the apartment?

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
Hi again, thanks for your replies and I am looking for a 1-2 bedroom apartment to rent. I look forward to hearing some neighborhoods that my match my criteria, thank you!
Ashley,

I give 1% back to buyers at closing. You buy a $200k house, get back $2k at closing. This comes out of my commission.

Alan Harper, REALTOR®
World Wide Realty
2323 South Voss Rd
http://www.713realestate.com
281-905-2414
Hello Ashley,

If you are going to work in Sugar Land, you will have options to rent or buy in and around that area. Sugar Land has expanded in the last few years and you will have access to good amenities. If you live and work in Sugar Land or surrounding area, you should not have too much trouble with traffic.

What are you looking for? Can you give us an idea of what type of housing you are looking for?

My contact information below is the best way to reach me. Best wishes.

Persis
persis.realtor@gmail.com
713-294-7747
Hi Ashley,
Send me an email and I'll reply with a short list of properties for you to browse through. The Galleria area will be your best option if you're looking to rent. Talk soon-
Shane O'Neill
Realty Associates
sdo2212@gmail.com
832 233 2311
Are you looking to purchase or lease? Where will you be working? And, yes... Houston traffic can be a nightmare. Please get back to me, and I'll try to point you in the right direction. Welcome!

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
I will be listing a home in First Colony which is a very nice section of Sugar Land in 3 weeks. It boasts great schools, fabulous shopping, restaurants and medical facilities with easy access to the freeways and tollways. The home is a wonderful 1 store-3 bedroom, 2 full bathrooms with a 2 car attached garage. In addition, it has a lovely yard on a cul-de-sac. The home has been well maintained, has high ceilings and lots of other features, although it has not been updated with hardwood floors, granite, etc. It will go quickly at $195,000. If you don't want a drive to DT, Greenway or the Galleria (at least an hour each way), I recommend that you live in Sugar Land. It's a wonderful place! Please let me know if I can help you in finding a great home.
Barb Kelley, Realtor, SRES, CHMS
RE/MAX Realty Center
713.530.8374
barb@barbkelley.com
http://www.barbkelley.com
You heard correctly:) ....please CALL ME AND I can better serve you..
(713) 480-1887...I am available NOW...