Amy, Home Buyer in Trumbull, CT

Hi! I'm looking to move to FL. However, I'm confused on where to buy? I'm thinking St Pete /Sarasota.I need a good job market area! Any advice?

Asked by Amy, Trumbull, CT Wed Feb 27, 2013

Answers

5
Recently announced
Amazon will be building and opening a distribution center in Tampa, (1,000 jobs) The Port of Tampa contributes 12 BILLION to the local economy and 12,000 jobs, McDill AFB, the home of Southern Command has created a significant high tech defence industry.
-
Tech Data, Jabil Circits, Soft Computer Consultants, General Dynamics, are all high tech employers in Pinellas County (St Peter, Largo, Palm Harbor)
-
A local defense contractor hosts an international 'cyber war games' that places this area in the forefront of cyber defense and computer forenics technology, research and development.
-
The art community has always been vibrant and showing increasing support from local governments. The City of Dunedin recently identified a area adjacent to the Downtown District as an Artist Colony. St Pete is home of the Dali Musuem, and Chahuley Studios.
-
The public education system produced 'Big Bang Theory" like students who created robots that reached the semifinals in international competition.
-
Oh, the beaches are kinda cool too.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
There's no better source of information than one's self. Here's our recommendation.....

Not knowing the area or having an appreciation for the local real estate can be an ingredient for disaster. No one knows your needs better than yourself!

Plan a visit to the area and target those locations that are of particular interest to you. Spend a couple of days in each location, not for the purpose of looking at homes but becoming familiar with each area and what it has to offer.

Too many buyers complicate the process by blending identifying the area and finding a home. Once you have found the right area, one that meets your family's needs, you'll find that the perfect home will be waiting for you.

Would love to help you out in the Sarasota area.

Bill Eckler
941-408-5363
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
The Tampa Bay area job market is much larger than Sarasota. Both St. Pete and Sarasota are neat communities to live in with lots of neighborhoods to feel at home in, but for jobs, St. Pete offers more opportunities by sheer size.
Hi Amy,

I am originally from Hamden Ct. and started buying down here in the mid 80's. I am partial to Pinellas county (Tarpon Springs to St. Pete)- The Gulf on one side and the bay on the other. We moved here permanently in 2002-threw away the snow shovels.

There are plenty of school options. The school website is:

https://www.pcsb.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=a…

There is also a school zone indicator where you can plug in the address and it will tell you the assigned elementary, middle and high school:

Whether in St. Pete, Seminole, Palm Harbor, or surrounding towns there are an array of choices.

Have you looked into jobs yet? If you have an idea of where you are working you can plan on a commute radius to search in. Are you looking for a single family, villa, townhome or condo? How many people? Pets? There's a lot that goes into the mix.

Suggestion: interview full time professional realtors, find one you are comfortable with and then map out a plan. I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
I think your best job market area would be the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. Tampa is one of the larger cities in Florida and right across the bridge from St. Petersburg/Clearwater. I would be happy to help you find a new home. Give me a call at 727-215-3127 or email me at deborahschnitzler@hotmail.com