General Area in Chicago>Question Details

Stephanie Ga…, Renter in New York, NY

Hi I have eviction almost a year old ....need to move ...2-3 bedrooms 1100 max city of Chicago close suburbs ...what realty works with evictions?

Asked by Stephanie Gant, New York, NY Sat Aug 2, 2014

Need a reality that work with evictions

Answers

4
There are not many Real Estate companies that works with evictions. It is usually at the discretion of the owner / landlord that they are representing. If the owner / landlord is willing to work with your eviction, they generally will ask you for 2-3 months of security up from along with 1st month rents. I would highly suggest you go to a management company as then typically have a much bigger inventory of apartments for rents and landlords. Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link A few hours ago
I have worked with several people with evictions. Generally it's going to require a very good reason for the eviction, as well as added security deposit, and most likely a co-signer. Is there a bankruptcy along with the eviction?
I would try and write a letter when you make an application. Describe why you got a eviction. It could help you get the property.
Adequate or additional security deposit; a co-signor with no evictions or good credit; a legitimate reason why you had to go through the eviction process.