General Area in Joplin>Question Details

Sunny, Home Buyer in 93305

Hey Locals! Kansas or Missouri! I'm looking to purchasing a home outside of joplin area.

Asked by Sunny, 93305 Wed Jan 19, 2011

What do I need to consider when looking for a home. What are the pros and cons in each state

Answers

3
I would pick Missouri that's where I live and work. I enjoy the convenience of being close enough to Joplin and still not having neighbors right on top of me. There is a lot to do in Joplin and places to go to eat and shop.
If taxes are of importance to you then definitely Missouri. Their taxes are much lower on gasoline, cigarettes, alcohol and sales. Missouri also lets you deduct your federal income tax. Kansas charges inheritance tax. Property taxes are also much less in MO. Check out this website.
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/Advice/TheBestAnd…

The city of Joplin also gives you more entertainment options than nearby Kansas.

Both states have nearby state universities.

Mo has more rolling hills and is closer to Mark Twain Nat Forest. Kansas has flatter land and is better for farming.

These are a few comparisons. If you would like to know more you can contact me at:

jfwilliam@fastfreedom.net

Jackie Williams, REALTOR
Keller Williams
R e a l t y
of SouthWest Missouri

cell - 417.439.1997
A few things to consider are what are the values of homes around me? How long do I want to be in my next home? What are buyers going to be looking for when I want to sell?

If you are thinking that you need something outside the city, are there any restrictions on the land? What are prices per acre around me?

All of these questions can be answered by a great Buyers Agent that can help introduce you to the community around you and help you find the best house for you at the best price possible. If you are thinking of moving to the area give me a call so that you can be set up for success. The last client that I worked with had worked with another Realtor and lost 3000 dollars out of pocket because of negligence. You owe it to yourself to get the best!

No obligations! 417-291-7054, or kjlewisrealtor@yahoo.com